• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

Great pic, tnweathernut! Glad you were able to make it. Just a fantastic game. I can't tell you how many folks I've heard say "I turned it off with about 5 minutes to go." I never bail on the Vols because of games like this. Granted, they've been few and far between the last few years but they do come around! Isn't it amazing how much better that young O-line looks with a mobile QB? They've allowed only 2 sacks in two games and one of those was on Peterman during those two series he was in vs. Bama. Did you happen to see Steve Spurrier's press conference after the game? All 57 seconds of it?  :D

Really looking forward to the remaining games. I think the Vols will be hard pressed to win out, with the only sure bet remaining being Vandy...but it's possible. Hoping for 2 of 3 and a trip to a bowl game for the first time in ages! Glad they have the open date this weekend to rest and recover before the Mildcats come to town!

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pic, tnweathernut! Glad you were able to make it. Just a fantastic game. I can't tell you how many folks I've heard say "I turned it off with about 5 minutes to go." I never bail on the Vols because of games like this. Granted, they've been few and far between the last few years but they do come around! Isn't it amazing how much better that young O-line looks with a mobile QB? They've allowed only 2 sacks in two games and one of those was on Peterman during those two series he was in vs. Bama. Did you happen to see Steve Spurrier's press conference after the game? All 57 seconds of it?  :D

Really looking forward to the remaining games. I think the Vols will be hard pressed to win out, with the only sure bet remaining being Vandy...but it's possible. Hoping for 2 of 3 and a trip to a bowl game for the first time in ages! Glad they have the open date this weekend to rest and recover before the Mildcats come to town!

Yes, I did catch the press conference.  They played it on the big screen while we were still celebrating with the fans and players after the game.  I thought it was hilarious to see him defeated like that.

I agree with the Oline, crazy how much better they look with a mobile qb.  I really think the system they want to run needs a mobile quarterback.  It simply hasn't worked with anyone else.  I have been impressed with Dobbs, and I wasn't sold on him before the season started.  I didn't know if the qb of the future was on the roster, but after the last 6 quarters by Dobbs, I am sold.  I hope they win out, or at least get two of three.  Like you said, I think only Vandy is close to a sure thing.  Kentucky looks to be beatable and it just depends on which Missouri team decides to show up in Knoxville.

.LONG TERM...TEMPERATURES RECOVER ON SATURDAY INTO THE 40S, BUT DEW
POINTS REMAIN VERY, VERY DRY--AVERAGING IN THE UPPER TEENS. THESE
LOW DEW POINTS WILL BECOME CRITICAL TO OUR FORECAST SATURDAY NIGHT
AND EARLY SUNDAY AS ANOTHER COLD FRONT MOVES IN. EVEN THOUGH WINDS
WILL BE SOUTHERLY SATURDAY NIGHT, AND WARMING AT 850MB COMMENCES,
THE BOUNDARY LAYER AND SURFACE TEMPS WILL BE VERY SLOW TO WARM. AS
A RESULT, PRECIPITATION THAT DEVELOPS SATURDAY NIGHT WILL LIKELY
DRAG TEMPS DOWN TO THE FREEZING MARK OVER NORTHERN AREAS AND ALLOW
FOR AT LEAST A BRIEF PERIOD OF MIXED PRECIPITATION TO DEVELOP
(ESPECIALLY OVER NORTHERN AREAS). ALSO, WOULDN`T BE SURPRISED TO
SEE A LITTLE FREEZING RAIN MIX IN OVER SOUTHERN AREAS, AS 850 MB
WARMING KICKS IN. ALSO WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF, PERHAPS, 1/2 TO
1 INCH OF WET SNOW ACCUMULATES OVER SOME AREAS NEAR THE KENTUCKY
BORDER SATURDAY NIGHT. OF COURSE, THAT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER
EVAPORATIVE COOLING CAN DRAG THE TEMPS DOWN TO THE FREEZING MARK.

PERIOD OF MIXED PRECIP SHOULD BE SHORT-LIVED, AS BOUNDARY LAYER
AND SURFACE TEMPS REBOUND QUICKLY ABOVE THE FREEZING MARK ON
SUNDAY. HIGHS ON SUNDAY SHOULD BE IN THE 40S, BEFORE A REINFORCING
SHOT OF COLDER AIR MOVES BACK IN SUNDAY NIGHT AND NEXT MONDAY,
WITH SOME SNOW SHOWERS AND SNOW FLURRIES POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT.
HIGHS NEXT MONDAY WILL STRUGGLE TO TOP 40 DEGREES OVER A LARGE
PART OF THE MID- STATE, WITH SOME READINGS OVER THE CUMBERLAND
PLATEAU ONLY IN THE MID TO UPPER 3OS.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=OHX&issuedby=OHX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

It is just a bot that every search engine has (Google, Yahoo,Bing) that searches the forums. So everything that is written on here can be searched online.

Example: When Mr Bob started the Welcome thread for our sub forum he started the the post off with "After paying Tracker off" yada yada yada.

So I searched those words on Google and found it pretty quick.

post-6441-141601985794.jpg

It is just a bot that every search engine has (Google, Yahoo,Bing) that searches the forums. So everything that is written on here can be searched online.

Example: When Mr Bob started the Welcome thread for our sub forum he started the the post off with "After paying Tracker off" yada yada yada.

So I searched those words on Google and found it pretty quick.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1416019857.329786.jpg

Thanks,i googled it also but didn't find nothing,you must have put in the right search words :)

This is starting to look like just an extension to the SE board into the east parts of the Valley.It would be nice to have other posters or even mets from our area.Its getting annoying nothing exsist unless you live in the eastern Valley...sigh..

Winter really hasn't started yet. Most of the threats for this early in the season are at elevation which is in the eastern mtns. Otherwise, I think there would be more discussion. Right now, I am not posting much due to lack of time to do so. Plus, we have like fourteen weeks of winter, not counting this month. I think discussion will perk up as threats for snow arise. And trust me, no disrespect to the SE board, we are not them. I think we actually had a decent severe wx group here this past spring and summer. The winter folks are just now showing up.

Edit: The number of people posting is much higher. You are in on the ground floor. Keep your head up.

Right now it looks like tropicaltidbits.com will be offline for the next 24 hours unless I am able to procure bandwidth re-direction services that don't cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully attacks will cease by that time. I greatly apologize for this inconvenience. I was not prepared or equipped to deal with an attack on this scale. This is very unexpected.

Still fuming over the ridiculous nature of the College Football Playoff committee...They will either have to go to 8 teams or go back to using a BCS methodology and take the human factor out of it. Common sense should rule the day. And yes, I am irritated by the FSU placement but I still do not see how TCU should ever be placed above Baylor when you have a head to head match up....

Still fuming over the ridiculous nature of the College Football Playoff committee...They will either have to go to 8 teams or go back to using a BCS methodology and take the human factor out of it. Common sense should rule the day. And yes, I am irritated by the FSU placement but I still do not see how TCU should ever be placed above Baylor when you have a head to head match up....

I concur.I don't get  Baylor and TCU,Especially since Baylor beat TCU, h2h.

Archived