• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

Wow I guess this storm defines why we need mets as opposed to relying on autopilot. I still have no idea if I'll wake up to freezing rain/sleet to rain, or if I'll be looking at a monster snow storm at KTRI, less then 8 hours out. 

You probably won't wake up to anything. I don't believe precip will move into the KTRI area until the afternoon. The heavy stuff may not arrive until after 3 pm.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC reporter in Nashville spent 30 seconds of her report comparing things to "Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash...if they wonder what their problems are...Cantore is an internet legend for his weather nerdiness over the weekend. Yet the rest of the reporters follow the GMA format...

Just read a blog post by JB a few minutes ago. It's almost comical he is so cold biased.  Any that follow him know he posted several weeks ago about 3 of the next 5 winters being warmer and less snow filled than normal.

He is already punting one of those warmer winters b/c of the AMO reversal.

The AMO reversal, if it continues, will mean some just brutal winters over the East. I bet he is punting. If the AMO continues to flip, it is ahead of schedule, and I think connected to a pattern of -NAOs...

Yeah, I posted in the February Arctic Outbreak thread, but it really is too far out so I'll plop it down in here.

I have to laugh at the GFS next week. It has all of the central and eastern Tennessee Valley experiencing essentially 48 straight hours of snow and another brutal arctic ass-kicking polar front. That's what the grandparents used to refer to as White Hell.

Archived