Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS definitely is an option - not a good one.  Going to very difficult for that Arctic air to get uprooted out of the valley.  Has ice written all over that.  Looks like it sets-up a nice pattern afterwards FWIW.  That northwest shift has been present all winter.  I would feel more comfortable if the Euro was about 200 miles south.

18z GFS definitely is an option - not a good one.  Going to very difficult for that Arctic air to get uprooted out of the valley.  Has ice written all over that.  Looks like it sets-up a nice pattern afterwards FWIW.  That northwest shift has been present all winter.  I would feel more comfortable if the Euro was about 200 miles south.

Interesting to see the 850 freezing line hanging out in Mexico.  Also interesting to see potential flakes flying in Orlando.  Too bad it's dry for us but as long as cold like that is being shown I'm encouraged.

If the suppressed storm system doesn't verify, I highly doubt the cold temps to our south have staying power.  I think we are about to be placed on the battle lines between rain and snow.  Plenty of cold and a more active southern stream.  We will win some and lose some.  I REALLY wish this had started at the beginning of the month. 

I am so tired of this Winter. What is the issue with the modeling that we cant fix? This is yet another storm that was proged to be a snow maker for the southeast that will cut to the lakes. Can someone hazard a guess why the error in the models havent been corrected?

Oh wait, no, looks like a front will come through and it will snow south of middle tn, yet again, unbelievable, did I mention that I am tired of this winter?

I am so tired of this Winter. What is the issue with the modeling that we cant fix? This is yet another storm that was proged to be a snow maker for the southeast that will cut to the lakes. Can someone hazard a guess why the error in the models havent been corrected?

Your expectations are wrong in the 7 day window....The models are not supposed to be used for pinpoint forecasting in that time frame. The pattern has not been right all winter for snow here and that has not changed.... 

Archived