joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as expected, the op euro has support from it's ensembles.  The mean and the control look virtually identical to the op for the TN valley, with the mean being more generous.  Lots of cotton candy barf to go around.  Why don't we just cash out on member e35 and call it done?

Jrx731D.jpg

Well as expected, the op euro has support from it's ensembles.  The mean and the control look virtually identical to the op for the TN valley, with the mean being more generous.  Lots of cotton candy barf to go around.  Why don't we just cash out on member e35 and call it done?

Jrx731D.jpg

I know we kid about that type of thing but going into the current pattern can we list reasoning why it wouldnt be the case?

I've arrived in the greater Hixon area to some light rain with a few sleet pellets pinging. I'm sure that the sleet will be short lived.

John you being in Nooga statistically is the best thing that can possibly happen for those wanting snow 40 and north.  I just want to say thank you and I hope your pipes don't freeze back home, lol.

The bad thing is, I always come down for the Super Bowl too, so I'll be here next Monday. Get the shovels out!

John can you stay down there until the first of March? Please? Lol

Speaking about the Super Bowl is anyone getting tired of #DeflateGate yet.? That is all that is on 24/7. The media sure knows when to beat a dead horse.

The Canadian says "Hello Tennessee" over the next 10 days, and it's still snowing state wide at this point.

gem_asnow_us_40.png

The 0z Canadian run was very interesting if I can explain it correctly. From about hours 180-240 it has two different waves of energy rolling through. The first wave actually takes a clipper like track but the path it takes is nothing like a normal clipper. The start of this energy's journey happens in a few days when it gets cutoff over the southwest. It continues to move southwest over the Pacific Ocean and then moves back northeast over the desert southwest and over into the northern Midwest. Then it drops Southeast over the Tn Valley/Appalachians and then it heads out to sea over the Atlantic. Bizarre path it takes, I hope I got my directions right explaining that.

The second wave on the 0z GGEM is the one we have been paying attention to on the GFS and Euro. It squashes most of the energy out over the desert southwest but has just enough interaction between that southern stream energy and the northern stream energy that dives due south on the east side of the Rockies. Still a pretty good look and like you said spreads 3-5 inches of snow over most of the state.

Well as expected, the op euro has support from it's ensembles. The mean and the control look virtually identical to the op for the TN valley, with the mean being more generous. Lots of cotton candy barf to go around. Why don't we just cash out on member e35 and call it done?

Jrx731D.jpg

Cotton candy barf????? Haha That's the funniest explanation I've ever seen for a WeatherBell clown map. If that's the case then give me the cotton candy barf buffet please. :)

Wood stove insert on a cold, rainy night. Five stars. Coach B, you have yours cranking?

Day late, but mine is going tonight. Mix of red and white oak has the living room downright toasty. Kids were piled up in front of it all evening. My three year old told me recently he was only taking a bath if the stove was going. lol

Wood stove insert on a cold, rainy night. Five stars. Coach B, you have yours cranking?

Day late, but mine is going tonight. Mix of red and white oak has the living room downright toasty. Kids were piled up in front of it all evening. My three year old told me recently he was only taking a bath if the stove was going. lol

Red and white oak burning right now as well. Checked out hearth.com - great site. Excellent suggestion. Am learning a ton about stoves and their operation from it. I am still in the "What is the NAO?" stage of wood stove basics. My kids love it as well. I am definitely going to spend some time during the warmer months cutting and splitting. Just put in an order for some red oak from a guy over in Johnson City near Buffalo Mtn. Two years old. He is going to cut it to 16-18" lengths for me. I think we have used the stove every night since we had it installed. Money well spent.

Archived