Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone else is................but I am really close to doing away with Tapatalk app. The last upgrade has made the app almost impossible to navigate. It's almost useless. I hear they paid someone 5 million to develop the upgrade. If that's the case, they struck out and threw a LOT of money down the drain. Anyone else use it?

Yeah I noticed it today. I hate it. I can't find anything on the app where it used to be. Why ruin a good thing? Well the Happy Holidays graphic sure looks pretty.

What a game today. There is going to be so many jokes made about Winston after tonight. I got Alabama winning tonight.

Man, we are laying a beat down on Iowa.  Future is bright.

Yeah, man!  You saw the game of the year though.  What a comeback against USCe.

The Razorbacks play TN in Knoxville next year. Maybe a road trip in the making for me!

The SEC East has faired way better than the West in bowls. Ark and A&M are the only 2 West teams to win. That's sad after all the hype all year long.

Razorbacks and Vols are heading in the right direction.  Glad to see those two tradition rich schools (graduated from UTK) get back to respectability. 

The hype is going to be intense for the Volunteers heading into next season but I'm going to be a little more cautiously optimistic. Tennessee does return to prominence in 2015, perhaps even winning 10 games, but I think they're one more year away from being a national contender. They're still going to be a young team next year of prodominately sophomores. I'm not ruling them out of winning the East, but realistically, I think they'll finish #2 behind UGA. 2016 should be their year when they win the entire SEC and compete for a National Championship. They're definitely heading in the right direction.

The Razorbacks play TN in Knoxville next year. Maybe a road trip in the making for me!

The SEC East has faired way better than the West in bowls. Ark and A&M are the only 2 West teams to win. That's sad after all the hype all year long.

I live about an hour and a half from the stadium and I usually have 4 season tickets.  I don't know that I could let a Razorback sit next to me, but we could do some mixed tailgating, lol. 

If you plan on making the drive over, let me know.....

Kind of slow in the weather department IMO..........lol

Yeah, it's kind of slow right now in the weather deptartment. Not a lot to banter about there. So it's pretty easy to banter about other stuff that a lot of weather enthusiasts like to ramble on about this time of year, which, unsurprisingly is football, especially with the bowls and playoffs happening... ^_^

Amazing growth there, Jaxjag. Any basketball planned? Funny story...

Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone had nice holidays. I enjoyed the mild Christmas and sunny New Years.

Tennessee returned to bowl competition in a big way. In contrast the SEC West meltdown was the worst debacle for that region since Grant and Sherman.

Now it is time to go into the freeze bowl. On the bright side, we trade in the cloudy crud for mostly sunny, lol! :sun:

Amazing growth there, Jaxjag. Any basketball planned? Funny story...

Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone had nice holidays. I enjoyed the mild Christmas and sunny New Years.

Tennessee returned to bowl competition in a big way. In contrast the SEC West meltdown was the worst debacle for that region since Grant and Sherman.

Now it is time to go into the freeze bowl. On the bright side, we trade in the cloudy crud for mostly sunny, lol! :sun:

Funny stuff right there Jeff.  Glad to see you back.  Our forum has missed your posts.

When you see people looking at the 240 on the Euro for hope....you know it's bad.

Surprised to see the weather channel (don't watch hardly at all anymore, but wanted to see some clipper love video from the midatlantic...lol) showing a healthy swath of icy conditions all the way up into Kentucky and then following their graphic by saying they think the icy conditions might need to be adjusted to the south into the TN Valley as we get closer.... Guessing they are using the GEM, since no other model shows qpf that far north to my knowledge.....

Surprised to see the weather channel (don't watch hardly at all anymore, but wanted to see some clipper love video from the midatlantic...lol) showing a healthy swath of icy conditions all the way up into Kentucky and then following their graphic by saying they think the icy conditions might need to be adjusted to the south into the TN Valley as we get closer.... Guessing they are using the GEM, since no other model shows qpf that far north to my knowledge.....

Interestingly, CPC actually listed this area as an ice threat in one of their graphics...the page where it has the 6-10 and 8-14 day forecasts. 3-7 Hazard Outlooks...I think they, like you, are looking at the pattern instead of just relying on models.

post-769-0-77734900-1420593455_thumb.jpg

Interestingly, CPC actually listed this area as an ice threat in one of their graphics...the page where it has the 6-10 and 8-14 day forecasts. 3-7 Hazard Outlooks...I think they, like you, are looking at the pattern instead of just relying on models.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Detailed Summary

For Friday January 09 - Tuesday January 13: Several surges of cold and dry arctic air are predicted across the central and eastern thirds of the CONUS during this period. Daytime temperatures on Friday may be 20-24 degrees below normal across the Midwest, and the central and southern Great Plains. For Minneapolis, this means a high temperature near 0 degrees F, while San Angelo in west-central Texas will likely top out near the freezing mark.

Very cold air streaming over the relatively ice-free waters of the Great Lakes is likely to generate locally heavy snow squalls for areas to the lee of the lower Great Lakes. These snow squalls are frequently accompanied by very low visibility and gusty winds (possible localized blizzard conditions), making for hazardous travel conditions.

On Friday, high winds (30-40 kts) are forecast near and off the immediate Atlantic Coast from Maine to the Delmarva Peninsula, as an arctic front passes through this area. Even higher wind gusts (40-50 kts) are expected offshore, posing a hazard to marine interests.

Another area of focus is from the southern Great Plains and lower Mississippi Valley northeastward to the Virginia/North Carolina coast. This area is prone to freezing rain events, especially when shallow arctic air is already in the region. Depending on the depth of the arctic air, either freezing rain or ice pellets can fall (shallower arctic air in place favors freezing rain and clear ice accumulation). The initial area of concern is the southern Plains and lower Mississippi Valley from Friday to Sunday, January 9-11. By Monday, January 12, the greatest potential for icy conditions shifts northeast from there across the Tennessee Valley to the mid-Atlantic coast.

Well to be fair, the pattern doesn't look as good today as it did just a couple of days ago when I thought the "look" would provide some potential for development .....that would begin to show on the models.

Every now and again the models have shown something, but by in large, it's been disappointing.

The Look

Archived