Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next front is looking very strong for Saturday. GFS 12z is putting 850 0C isotherm down around east TN. I don't know if upper 30s are possible for the valley but with 850s that strong I think mid 20s for places like Leconte are not out of the question with highs in the 30s for anywhere above 5500 ft.

NWS calling for a high temp of 60 in Knoxville on Saturday! Now that's football weather! Going to be a great time at Neyland as Florida comes to town. At those temps, I bet the lizards suffer from torpor!  :D

Hoping the crowd pulls off the "Checkered Neyland" stunt as well. Thankfully I'm in an orange section and I have plenty shirts that color. We'll see how it goes. I'd say this game is a coin flip. Hope the Vols can break the long streak of losing to the Gators...

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif10132014_lc.gif

I'm seeing good color down here in NW GA.  Lots of yellows and some reds starting to come through.  I think we should see a peak in 2-2.5 weeks or so around my neck of the woods.  How does it look up in TN?

Pretty well colored here, Probably peak in my area in 5-10 days. A little early this year. The first frost was a bit early too, coming October 5th.

Surprised no one mentioned the first fantasy dumping of snow for the southern apps, courtesy of the Euro last night. Per Robert @ WxSouth 14" in Asheville and Hendersonville, 17" in Boone, 12" for KTRI, and 19" for Mount Mitchell. Also gives snow all the way to the valley floors in east TN and other areas.... Crazy solution that isn't likely to happen, but it does indicate our slide into winter continues. It also indicates that "fantasy snow season" gets under way early this year.

Close,but like you said fantasy range,good luck though !!It's fun to already track something this early :)

Surprised no one mentioned the first fantasy dumping of snow for the southern apps, courtesy of the Euro last night. Per Robert @ WxSouth 14" in Asheville and Hendersonville, 17" in Boone, 12" for KTRI, and 19" for Mount Mitchell. Also gives snow all the way to the valley floors in east TN and other areas.... Crazy solution that isn't likely to happen, but it does indicate our slide into winter continues. It also indicates that "fantasy snow season" gets under way early this year.

Why yes, yes I did.....

Great pic!  What a day!  Awesome...Maybe the Miracle at Southbend and The Fumble against Arkansas in '98 top it.  But with the circumstances (Dobbs playing his first game, etc), I just have a hard time finding one better.  You couple that with Fall Back and snow from KTRI to Columbia...perfect day for a Vol fan and weather hobbiest.

FWIW, I have a friend of mine who went to the Miracle at South Bend, still has some of the dirt on his desk to this day from the field.

So what I want to know is.....

Did we have a trace of snow in northeast TN on Halloween night, before the snow on the 1st? I know there was a changeover for some before midnight. If so, I wonder how many consecutive months we can string together this year with at least a trace of snowfall??

I am also seeing a lot of chatter about mid November and people talking up more cold and possible snow. Are we really talking up more snow potential before mid November? Kind of crazy, but I will admit the PNA and AO are looking mighty fine in about a week.....

So what I want to know is.....

Did we have a trace of snow in northeast TN on Halloween night, before the snow on the 1st? I know there was a changeover for some before midnight. If so, I wonder how many consecutive months we can string together this year with at least a trace of snowfall??

I am also seeing a lot of chatter about mid November and people talking up more cold and possible snow. Are we really talking up more snow potential before mid November? Kind of crazy, but I will admit the PNA and AO are looking mighty fine in about a week.....

You know, I saw Alan Huffman posted a pic on Twitter a few minutes ago of a thumb ridge that connects over the pole from the western states to Asia.  That is on the 10 day Euro.  It is late in its forecast, so who know if it verifies.  If it does, have to think it will get cold.  As for snow, I think climo will win out until the normal dates - not counting the mountains.  We did not see any measurable snow in Kingsport at all, but could see it on the hills around town.  Rocks Springs to JC had snow.  A guess, but I don't think we switched over until just after midnight.  Like you, would really like to string together a bunch of snow months like last year.  Still, looks like winter has a lot of potential.  Seems like this might be a Nor'easter season based on the tracks I am seeing so far.  The second in as many weeks.

Congrats to the Vols.I said this earlier, you guys are gonna be the real deal next season as young as your team is,you should be the favorite in the east.

Thanks Jax, I agree with you.  Talent will soon be even more plentiful in Knoxville with another stud class coming in for next year (most enrolling early) and the biggest questionmark in my mind a couple of weeks ago has seemingly been answered now too, as Dobbs is playing good football.  He looks nothing like he did in practices before the year when he couldn't even beat out Peterman for the backup spot.  The future is bright................finally.

Archived