SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much wind up here overnight...only got down to 41F.

We had way too much wind up here and clouds. Low was 47F....meanwhile MPV was able to get a couple calm obs and dropped to 41F.

Sucks as MVL's dews were 34-35 all night, so if the NW flow gave up we would've dropped nicely.

Talk about low diurnal swings...7am-7am max/min was 53/47.

Great pics PF.

I will be in Stowe weekend of October 3rd-5th.  Are you interested in meeting for a few beers?

Yeah I'm planning on being in town... you may time the foliage perfectly.  I wouldn't want to come much later than that, but that weekend should be the best overlap between color in town and the higher elevations.

Yeah I'm planning on being in town... you may time the foliage perfectly.  I wouldn't want to come much later than that, but that weekend should be the best overlap between color in town and the higher elevations.

Yeah, hopefully I won't be too late to the party up there..  The drive north from here (Mid Hudson Valley) through Vermont should be pretty interesting.  Leaves are beginning to turn even down here....

We had way too much wind up here and clouds. Low was 47F....meanwhile MPV was able to get a couple calm obs and dropped to 41F.

Sucks as MVL's dews were 34-35 all night, so if the NW flow gave up we would've dropped nicely.

Talk about low diurnal swings...7am-7am max/min was 53/47.

Look at you rooting against NW flow!! Lol

Give it another 7-10 days....but its going.

10386292_10102000785366950_1759696409234

attachicon.gifIMG_3519_edited-2.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3526_edited-3.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3421_edited-2.jpg

Awesome shots.

Saw a bunch of State Troopers fly through Stowe earlier and was wondering what was up...good ol' Morrisville, one town over but a completely different world.

http://www.wcax.com/story/26617512/police-investigating-shooting-in-morrisville

You sound like an elitist prick when you make comments like this. The state is a sum of its parts not just a cluster of resort communities for the wealthy. These types of problems don't stop or start at Stowe's town line.

You sound like an elitist prick when you make comments like this. The state is a sum of its parts not just a cluster of resort communities for the wealthy. These types of problems don't stop or start at Stowe's town line.

75% of my friends live in Morrisville, I'll be there this evening for dinner like two blocks from the Cumby's. It's a tongue-in-cheek joke, lol. Everyone in Mo-Vegas is making the same comments...like "oh Morrisville, whaddya going to do?" Read some of the online comments too on the news stations sites.

Sorry to make light of a sensitive situation, mreeves. It's not like this happens everywhere, it's not about resort towns. There are select VT towns where that stuff doesn't surprise you as much, sorry to say Morrisville is one of those spots...Corinth isn't a resort town but I doubt these things would happen there. Or Charlotte, Shrewsbury, Jerhico, Montgomery, Brownington, Elmore, Grafton, Hinesburg etc. Its a social culture of certain towns, has nothing to do with resort towns.

75% of my friends live in Morrisville, I'll be there this evening for dinner like two blocks from the Cumby's. It's a tongue-in-cheek joke, lol. Everyone is Mo-Vegas is making the same comments...like "oh Morrisville, whaddya going to do?" Read some of the online comments too on the news stations sites.

Sorry to make light of a sensitive situation, mreeves.

Sorry for sounding so harsh. I live in Barre so I understand what people say. It just seems like there are problems that get concentrated in certain towns and people don't understand that issues com from every town.

Anyway, the foliage looks like it is starting to explode. Unfortunately I am in Gainesville, FL for the next week. Hopefully no big wind storms come along to blow it all down before I get home.

Sorry for sounding so harsh. I live in Barre so I understand what people say. It just seems like there are problems that get concentrated in certain towns and people don't understand that issues com from every town.

Anyway, the foliage looks like it is starting to explode. Unfortunately I am in Gainesville, FL for the next week. Hopefully no big wind storms come along to blow it all down before I get home.

Stowe had a murder-suicide last winter, it does happen everywhere.

And being in Barre, I can understand your frustration. It's a statewide thing like you said. Sorry to sound like an elitist prick, I'm certainly not living the life of luxury working two jobs for 60hrs a week, just trying to make it like everyone else.

But you have to know Morrisville gets the brunt of the jokes in Lamoille County, whether your from Hyde Park or Stowe... it's just how people cope with these things. Same with the WCAX FB comments from folks like "not surprising", "of course Morrisville" etc. MVL is a beautiful area and 99% of it is great, but the 1% of it makes the news.

When I lived in Burlington, people said the same things about Winooski, which has improved greatly in the past ten years. There's always "that town" no matter where you live.

Stowe had a murder-suicide last winter, it does happen everywhere.

And being in Barre, I can understand your frustration. It's a statewide thing like you said. Sorry to sound like an elitist prick, I'm certainly not living the life of luxury working two jobs for 60hrs a week, just trying to make it like everyone else.

But you have to know Morrisville gets the brunt of the jokes in Lamoille County, whether your from Hyde Park or Stowe... it's just how people cope with these things. Same with the WCAX FB comments from folks like "not surprising", "of course Morrisville" etc. MVL is a beautiful area and 99% of it is great, but the 1% of it makes the news.

When I lived in Burlington, people said the same things about Winooski, which has improved greatly in the past ten years. There's always "that town" no matter where you live.

Winooski, Barre, Morrisville, St. J, Rutland, Bennington. Those are the big ones that get the rep.

I live in Winooski and trust me I have been to much worse locations. I like my town :)

Yeah that's the kicker...it's still better than most places. Winooski though has been on the up and up...that place was in the news a lot more 10 years ago. Then they sort of revitalized the center, new businesses and restaurants, the traffic circle, new higher end apartments in the old mill buildings, etc.

Had to drive up to Lincoln NH today so spent a few minutes and drove through Franconia Notch. Color is at about 50% but coming on fast. I would think the high point though the notch and high points along the Kanc. will peak in about 5 days. Lincoln itself is around 30%.

That sounds exactly like over here...mountains around 50% above 1,200ft, and lower near 25-30% in that 700-1200ft layer.

For what it's worth, we had some of our people up around Jackman today and they checked calibration on the COOP thermometer. It is accurate, and they verified it against the other thermometers at the sewage treatment plant (apparently every pool has one) and they were all within the usual noise of each other. So 17 degrees it is (was?).

For what it's worth, we had some of our people up around Jackman today and they checked calibration on the COOP thermometer. It is accurate, and they verified it against the other thermometers at the sewage treatment plant (apparently every pool has one) and they were all within the usual noise of each other. So 17 degrees it is (was?).

I figured as much, Knowing that area as well as i do, It can be a freezer in the winter

Archived