Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving BTV's attention on the mountains lately, lol. Possible dusting to a inch above 2,500ft took up most of the long term AFD.

--------------------

Saturday night...mid/upper level trough deepens across our County Warning Area...with strong low level cold air advection on brisk 850 mb winds of 35 to 45 knots. Latest 12z NAM/GFS soundings show as llvls become cold enough to support snow showers across the higher elevations...the moisture in the favorite snow growth region is quickly decreasing. Still thinking enough overlap between cooling aloft and available moisture occurs to produce a light accumulating snowfall across the mountains of northern New York and Vermont on Saturday night. Snow levels will start near Summit levels between 00z-03z...but quickly fall to 2000 feet by 06z...as prognosticated 925mb temperatures drop to near 0c. Latest 12z soundings show inversion above mountain summits so follow is unblocked...supports precipitation falling downwind of the summits...especially on Sat night with 850 mb winds of 35 to 45 knots. Precipitation on Sat night will be terrain driven...and with unblocked follow...expect very little in the cpv/slv. Will mention likely probability of precipitation mountains to schc elsewhere. Quantitative precipitation forecast will be light and generally under 0... in the mountains...resulting in a dusting to an inch of snow...with moisture profiles supporting more riming toward 12z Sunday.

Protect those plants for Monday morning. MEX has 30F for LCI...26F at CON.

Lake is still steamy...it'll probably be a super close call but I'll survive.  I've got 98% of the plants out, only the big bananas are left and they are probably going to stay there because I physically can't do it.  My insurance approved an MRI so at least that's good news.

.40"

.17"/hr

Lake is still steamy...it'll probably be a super close call but I'll survive.  I've got 98% of the plants out, only the big bananas are left and they are probably going to stay there because I physically can't do it.  My insurance approved an MRI so at least that's good news.

.40"

.17"/hr

The euro has 2m temps of 32F for us. That's a bit of a red flag to me for you.

0.78" will be my total it seems.

You might have some more incoming; we’re getting poured on right now.

Also, check your zone forecast in the valley – I just saw that we’ve got snow mentioned in ours now, with flakes in the graphics.  As far as I know this is the first snow forecast down here so far this season:

• Saturday Night Rain showers likely before 5am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 37. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

• Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Also JSpin you are right...first snow in the forecast for our lower elevation grid points. Don't realistically think any flakes will make it down here but it's a milestone to see those flakes in the forecast haha.

This is 800ft here...

The mountain summit has the same thing, just much colder temps. Haha from highs in the mid-60s recently to a high of 29F on Sunday.

Should come out to about 10 different records from the past 3 days...

October 14th:
BTV- Record High of 79F (78- 1930)
MPV- Tied Record High of 76F (76- 1954)
MSS- Record High of 82F (79- 2001)

October 15th:
BTV- Record High of 80F (79- 1956)
BTV- Tied Record High Min of 68F (68- 1954)
MPV- Record High Min of 57F (56- 1954)
SJBV1- Tied Record High Min of 60F (60- 1970)
MSS- Record High Min of 64F, Tied All Time October Record (55- 1966, all time 64- 10/21/1979)

October 16th:
MPV- Awaiting Climate Data for Record High Min (52- 1954)
MSS- Awaiting Climate Data for Record High Min (53- 1967)

Archived