Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the question is how high do we go Tuesday/Wednesday?

MEX has 68F/70F at BTV while Euro has 82F/77F. 925mb temps range from 13C-18C based on the model so low/mid 70's look like a good bet with a ceiling (kinda out there, we'd need full sunshine and have to be well-mixed) of about 80F.

Little Indian Summer for leaf cleanup? I'd still welcome a few warm days now...after Nov 1st it's snowmaking season so then it's time to go cold haha.

Awesome color at the lake. Looks like I just missed the peak maple wave though, but still beautiful.

Yeah...it's still really nice in spots. I was probably being too negative with it last week, but when the maples start going past peak it starts to become meh to me. Is the lake noticeably behind the rest of the region?

Yeah...it's still really nice in spots. I was probably being too negative with it last week, but when the maples start going past peak it starts to become meh to me. Is the lake noticeably behind the rest of the region?

Well as always it depends on the tree species. The oaks are coming on it seems. I do think it's a little behind the rest, but skme maples are already bare. Other species right at the lake look great. I still saw good color on the Ossipees too yesterday, but I think that may have been oak. 41.3 currently in my ill places thermo. Did dip into the mid 30s earlier before clouds moved in.

Well as always it depends on the tree species. The oaks are coming on it seems. I do think it's a little behind the rest, but skme maples are already bare. Other species right at the lake look great. I still saw good color on the Ossipees too yesterday, but I think that may have been oak. 41.3 currently in my ill places thermo. Did dip into the mid 30s earlier before clouds moved in.

I'm located (Hudson valley) on the slope of hill going down in a valley and my trees are always about a week or so later than the surrounding area. Which is interesting. My maples are yellow, but the oaks are full green. Japanese maple hasn't started to turn yet.

I'm located (Hudson valley) on the slope of hill going down in a valley and my trees are always about a week or so later than the surrounding area. Which is interesting. My maples are yellow, but the oaks are full green. Japanese maple hasn't started to turn yet.

Interesting ob...I've noticed the same thing imby on my hill. It seems the floor about 200ft lower is further ahead than the hill. Those nights where they're 32F and I'm 37F may be making a difference. I'm near peak, but the maples along rt3 in Franklin/Tilton are probably about 50% dropped on avg.

Archived