• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

For what it's worth, we had some of our people up around Jackman today and they checked calibration on the COOP thermometer. It is accurate, and they verified it against the other thermometers at the sewage treatment plant (apparently every pool has one) and they were all within the usual noise of each other. So 17 degrees it is (was?).

Impressive . I definitely thought that was BS.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, we had some of our people up around Jackman today and they checked calibration on the COOP thermometer. It is accurate, and they verified it against the other thermometers at the sewage treatment plant (apparently every pool has one) and they were all within the usual noise of each other. So 17 degrees it is (was?).

I had an issue recently of a sensor reporting correctly during the day but incorrectly at night and early morning.  Just an FYI if you continuously see outlier numbers, even if it's a cold spot, you might consider placing a second thermometer there as a test some night.

Do you know what the +/- °F range is when calibrating COOP thermometers? In other words, when a therometer is calibrated, is the calibration within 0.5°F, 1°F, etc., of the testing instrument.

I had an issue recently of a sensor reporting correctly during the day but incorrectly at night and early morning.  Just an FYI if you continuously see outlier numbers, even if it's a cold spot, you might consider placing a second thermometer there as a test some night.

How did you rectify the issue Eric?

How did you rectify the issue Eric?

I entirely swapped out the temperature/humidity sensor in the vantage pro.   I'm not entirely sure the reason it was misbehaving that way, but the swap fixed it.  Also swapped out the fan just as a precaution, but as far as I could tell that was not the cause because the battery was new and the fan still worked.

I entirely swapped out the temperature/humidity sensor in the vantage pro.   I'm not entirely sure the reason it was misbehaving that way, but the swap fixed it.  Also swapped out the fan just as a precaution, but as far as I could tell that was not the cause because the battery was new and the fan still worked.

Hmm, That's interesting that part of the sensor failed

Trapp Family Lodge view...Nittany if you get a chance, plenty of great photo opportunities up at Trapps. Nice little detour if you head to Nebraska Notch which is also going off with color.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice, thanks, love the Trapps place! I'll be down in Woodstock Saturday/Sunday and then plan on doing Belviere Monday, Jay Peak Tuesday, and then head over to Stowe on Wednesday. We'll see!

Nice, thanks, love the Trapps place! I'll be down in Woodstock Saturday/Sunday and then plan on doing Belviere Monday, Jay Peak Tuesday, and then head over to Stowe on Wednesday. We'll see!

Sweet, busy schedule haha. Belvedere is one I've never climbed and want to at some point this fall. Always wanted to ski the asbestos pile on there too lol. I've heard of people doing it and setting off avalanches on that steep tailings pile...lol.

highly recommend using the Forrester's trail to ascend Belvidere, it's on the lowell side off of tillotson rd. Don't know what mileage you like, but there is a great loop up to the tower, north along the LT to tillotson camp and then down Frank Post trail back to the lot(8mi loop), it will be bonkers with colors now, frank post descends with the brook, it might be one of the nicest hikes in the kingdom right now.

have fun.

highly recommend using the Forrester's trail to ascend Belvidere, it's on the lowell side off of tillotson rd. Don't know what mileage you like, but there is a great loop up to the tower, north along the LT to tillotson camp and then down Frank Post trail back to the lot(8mi loop), it will be bonkers with colors now, frank post descends with the brook, it might be one of the nicest hikes in the kingdom right now.

have fun.

Awesome thanks! Is that better than starting on the Long Trail off 118? I did that part last year. I see its longer, but that's a non-issue, until a certain point haha.

Last week I took the screens out of the windows.  Stupid.  At least the nights are long and with the lower dews the house cools right down in the evening.

Yeah...they look like high range days with comfy nights. Warmth this time of year is great. Dews are down and the UV is relatively weak.

Awesome thanks! Is that better than starting on the Long Trail off 118? I did that part last year. I see its longer, but that's a non-issue, until a certain point haha.

Not sure, either hike is going to be great, I guess I like loops better than out-n-back hikes when I can get them, the woods on the east side are  hardwood to the top, better leaf peeping than the gnarly evergreens you will get for the last third coming in on the LT from the south.  But, thats fun wood to walk through too, so couldn't say which is better :)

top of the morning NNE, gonna be a great weekend

DSCN0221.jpg

lol

43F at CON this morning and 52F here. I don't think they've ever kicked my behind that badly before. Small changes in elevation were huge last night in C NH. Everyone under 500ft was in the low to mid 40s. Everyone 600ft and up were low 50s. The 2 Newberry sites above 1000ft were mid to upper 50s so the inversion was pretty strong.

Archived