joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the 60's before graphics and weather channels the NWS gave out hurricane charting maps. When long and lat came out I was always charting. I didn't know about troughs/ridges and highs and would get so excited when a storm seemed to be heading for the east coast. Back in the 60's the warnings/watches were different. Instead of a winter storm advisory we had travelers advisories. Big storms had heavy snow watch or warning. No winter storm warnings.

I had those charts and plotted by listening to NOAA RADIO. I made my own at age 10 and had them stuck to my walls. The marine forecast was my favorite.

This is why I always have my camera (real not cell phone) on me when doing my route around the valley:

Today in Northampton, not just one bear up a tree but three!  (Mama and 2 cubs)  The police officer monitoring the scene was nice enough to let me get close for this photo.  

post-919-0-56437100-1415238723_thumb.jpg

Last week in Greenfield:

post-919-0-65908000-1415238797_thumb.jpg

This is why I always have my camera (real not cell phone) on me when doing my route around the valley:

Today in Northampton, not just one bear up a tree but three!  (Mama and 2 cubs)  The police officer monitoring the scene was nice enough to let me get close for this photo.  

attachicon.gifbruin.jpg

Last week in Greenfield:

attachicon.gifheron.jpg

That blue heron would have been an hors d'oeuvre for the bear

Good going Steve! You really todo the bull by the horns. With your love of life you'll have a lot of it left thankfully.

That harvey clip is great. How about his bar mitzvah picture.....lol....

Here's mine....post-79-0-93081700-1415242679_thumb.jpg

That was December of 1959. It was really mild (12/5/59 was the date) and the winter was basically a dead ratter. A strong cold front around 2/26-7/60 ushered in some unusually cold air and if my memory is correct it was quite bitter 3/1/60. Two days later winter turned on a dime delivering one of the 20th century's signature storms.

Good going Steve! You really todo the bull by the horns. With your love of life you'll have a lot of it left thankfully.

That harvey clip is great. How about his bar mitzvah picture.....lol....

Here's mine.... image.jpg

That was December of 1959. It was really mild (12/5/59 was the date) and the winter was basically a dead ratter. A strong cold front around 2/26-7/60 ushered in some unusually cold air and if my memory is correct it was quite bitter 3/1/60. Two days later winter turned on a dime delivering one of the 20th century's signature storms.

Thanks and hey you have thinned out some in 55 years

Archived