Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I still have a ton to learn with at least computer models...I still don't think I have a great interpretation of them, especially when it comes to winter weather and forecasting.  I really can't wait to finally get into the meteorology classes...been waiting for so long.  

If I can pass Calc III this semester and pass diffy Q next semester than once I go to WCSU all I have to do is Physics I and II, an astronomy class and just the core-met classes!

I hope you have a different experience...but I have learned far more on here than I have at school and I'm a junior...

Good luck with calc III and diffy Q...they are not easy for sure.

I hope you have a different experience...but I have learned far more on here than I have at school and I'm a junior...

Good luck with calc III and diffy Q...they are not easy for sure.

I bet you could certainly learn much more here than in school alone...without a doubt.  Obviously though there are reasons for that.  I feel with school you are getting a great dip into the basics of everything and then you build from that.  

It pisses me off so much how I struggle with calculus...it really does.  Like I get so frustrated and pissed off and it starts affecting my mood, sleep, etc.  I really love it...it's so interesting and fun but I just don't have the math mind for it.  I kick myself all the time for not going further with math back in high school and waiting so long to get back into school.  

Very light snow, 28, had a heavy burst of sleet and snow @ 4:30-5:00, got a coating, I've been observing Ct weather over 50 years and in my humble opinion this has been a great October- November, fantastic foliage for most of October, great NorEaster last week of Oct and another the following week, really nice weather first half of Nov and then a decent snow event on the 14th, a dusting on the 17th & 20th, 9.2" day before Tday and snow all Tday afternoon followed by squalls the day after and now more snow, I'd say this has been a great first third of solar winter, February might produce the big snows but it melts fast, just the ramblings of a weather observer, sorry about the long winded post but, hey this is the banter section, as someone says repeatedly, enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you've got - LOL,  I couldn't resist  

• 7 months later...

Well the big February snow lasted till April and we only accumulated half of what Eastern New England got so this rank amateur observers opinion looks silly now, but who knew? In early January there wasnt much talk of historic snowfall and cold, I thought the Oct 22-24 Noreaster was the best storm of the season, I was impressed with Damaged Tollands accurate early prediction of that storm, I like small consistant snow events from December till early Feb, I hate roof rakeing, I tried to escape the dreaded Polar Vortex by going to S Carolina and was treated to low temps in the teens and sleet & freezing rain in Myrtle Beach, Palm Trees and Spanish Moss are impressive when covered with ice, this forum is highly entertaining and informative for me, another long winded post but hey it's 2am and this is the Fall banter thread  

• 2 years later...

Archived