Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, Former Mayor Menino stopped his cancer treatment. One can surmise it's terminal. God bless the guy, he turned around the city from crime ridden to a world class city. Much of what you see today is from him. One of the greatest, if not greatest mayor ever for the city.

Yeah I meant to post this last week. Really awful stuff. Guy has been riddled with health problems for years and isn't even that old. Still always out and about if he could be. He truly was an awesome mayor who did things for the true benefit of the city and people.

Gotta love his sports headline butchering lol

Don't know much about Menino, but it's hard to believe any politician could have an 82% approval rating in modern times (2012)

Sounds like he had a rare ability to connect with people.  RIP.

The city was not the nicest place in the early 90s. The city turned a 180 under his leadership. Crime way down and schools improved. S Boston waterfront which was a complete dump is now the hot spot to go and be seen. He did so much for the city.

The city was not the nicest place in the early 90s. The city turned a 180 under his leadership. Crime way down and schools improved. S Boston waterfront which was a complete dump is now the hot spot to go and be seen. He did so much for the city.

Agreed.  He also never lost sight of where he came from - still lived in his little brick house in Readville/Hyde Park.

ginxy...34yrs is how long ive lived without a jets superbowl. its only been 10 for you and your pats.....

ruNNaWayIcEberG, on 31 Oct 2014 - 5:30 PM, said:

your 10, im 34...?

oh I thought you were a Pats fan. I have two teams, Giants since birth and Raiders since I went to Oakland to visit Grandma in 1969, Raiders not so good lol

Archived