Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter Thread

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent the day at the Big E. Was a very pleasant day for the most part, mixed sun and clouds, breezy and temps in the 70s. Crazy traffic in and out of there but I actually feel like we got a bit lucky. We got there around noon and left around 6:00. I had not been there for 25 years and had forgotten how insane it gets. All in all we had a pretty good time.

Ehhh...SVT is more in the climo of the ALY region I think...at least latitude wise. Lots of storms that affect the mountains adjacent to ALB hit all those areas of the Catskills/Berks/SVT.

Would you want BOX doing Berkshire County? You always talk about BOX not paying attention to your area as it is, do they really need more counties further west? Think about a NW flow upslope event getting Mitch or something, that seems like a stretch for BOX to pay any attention to that stuff.

I would think BOX should get the south coast of CT more so than the Berks if they are to gain zones.

You make a good point about them not paying attention.  I guess if their region were expanded, they'd have to pay more attention since large cities like Pittsfield and North Adams would be on their western fringe.

My comments on realignments are really tied to consistency of how local media reports things.  It's a little disjointed when they have watches/warnings scrolling along the bottom of the tv screen with separate offices generating them.

Spent the day at the Big E. Was a very pleasant day for the most part, mixed sun and clouds, breezy and temps in the 70s. Crazy traffic in and out of there but I actually feel like we got a bit lucky. We got there around noon and left around 6:00. I had not been there for 25 years and had forgotten how insane it gets. All in all we had a pretty good time.

I remember going there annually for a 5-year stint 40 years ago.  I loved it then.  I took my older daughters one year about 15 years ago--not like I remembered it.   Have managed to not go since.

You make a good point about them not paying attention.  I guess if their region were expanded, they'd have to pay more attention since large cities like Pittsfield and North Adams would be on their western fringe.

My comments on realignments are really tied to consistency of how local media reports things.  It's a little disjointed when they have watches/warnings scrolling along the bottom of the tv screen with separate offices generating them.

I remember going there annually for a 5-year stint 40 years ago.  I loved it then.  I took my older daughters one year about 15 years ago--not like I remembered it.   Have managed to not go since.

170,000 showed up there yesterday breaking the all time record. Traffic was a nightmare even late at night when we left. Glad that Eddie Money was a freebie as his performance was rather pedestrian. Skynrd there next weekend in for ZZ.

have you tried coop from nearby, stations, actual obs handwritten, too cool

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html

That looks like the ones I used to do. It's all electronic now but I try to keep the comments and recording consistent. Having access to the primary source record sheet is important in case there are transcribing errors.

Heard that song for the 1st time the other day with my daughter in the car and I had to tell her that part of the song was taken from a song when I was a teenager.  Not sure she likes it.  She's a fan of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer plus a few others.  I keep her in tune with the bands I like and she likes Metallica and a bunch of other rock artists.

Heard that song for the 1st time the other day with my daughter in the car and I had to tell her that part of the song was taken from a song when I was a teenager.  Not sure she likes it.  She's a fan of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer plus a few others.  I keep her in tune with the bands I like and she likes Metallica and a bunch of other rock artists.

Nice.

What were you gonna buy?

Honda CR-V. I got rear ended by some dipsh*t 2 weeks ago and car totaled. So, I've had to hurry up and try to find something that I wasn't ready for and we finally did. Then, this happens. It's also not easy trying to do all this being a shift worker and finding a babysitter as we go out and shop for cars. It took a lot of restraint for me not to punch the window and shatter it. I'm also under a time constraint with the rental I had so it all needs to get done soon. 

Honda CR-V. I got rear ended by some dipsh*t 2 weeks ago and car totaled. So, I've had to hurry up and try to find something that I wasn't ready for and we finally did. Then, this happens. It's also not easy trying to do all this being a shift worker and finding a babysitter as we go out and shop for cars. It took a lot of restraint for me not to punch the window and shatter it. I'm also under a time constraint with the rental I had so it all needs to get done soon. 

Ugh..that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. At least you weren't hurt or Bryce in the car or something.

It was on my way to work so just me luckily. 

i am a big fan of shopping on line - looking at their inventory send them an email getting a quote for a specific model and going into the guy with the best price. I did that at Boch toyota in norwood last december and they honored their quoted email price. most places will quote you a lower price if you look online vice walking in cold for various reasons. good luck

i am a big fan of shopping on line - looking at their inventory send them an email getting a quote for a specific model and going into the guy with the best price. I did that at Boch toyota in norwood last december and they honored their quoted email price. most places will quote you a lower price if you look online vice walking in cold for various reasons. good luck

I looked online at prices and this actually was the best one with some wiggle room on negotiation too. If anything, I might have more of a bargaining chip with these guys. The problem is the time I have left until my rental runs out.

I looked online at prices and this actually was the best one with some wiggle room on negotiation too. If anything, I might have more of a bargaining chip with these guys. The problem is the time I have left until my rental runs out.

yikes happy you were not hurt, get a crew cab 4 wheel drive truck, you will need it this winter and as a home owner priceless. New Chevy Colorado's are sweet

Archived