Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First White Thanksgiving for me that I can remember!!! Finally cashed in a little bit on this below normal November. Had around an quarter of an inch this morning.

Glad you scored some snow, 1234.  Here in Kingsport nothing to report i the valley.  Though the last 200' of Bays Mountain appear white.  We are right at the foot of the mountain.  So, it sort-of feels like we had some snow here.  LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about a BUST on the temps here. I've been holding at 37 since 1 o'clock this afternoon thanks to the clouds trapped beneath the inversion. This after being clear most of the night and a very heavy frost and icy fog earlier this morning. MRX did update well several times to lower highs, but just yesterday the forecast was upper 40s to around 50. Tough forecasting here lately due to the clouds moving in and out just at the right time to allow maximum cooling both at day and night

Just had a light round of sleet here that stuck to the picnic table and eves of rooftops. Really kinda surprised this system made it all the way across the state. Of course it was rain in west TN but looks like middle and now here east TN got to see at least a trace of wintry precip today. MRX issued a WWA I see probably not a bad idea, but man, it sure was light for a WWA. Anyway, kids are on a 2 hr delay here this AM

Haha so true Carver. I've been to Mauna Kea actually when there was snow there. It was late March of 1992. There was several feet of snow at the summit, but it tapered off extremely fast. The mountain top is above 13,700 ft. or so. However, I would say that only the last 700 ft or so had any snow. It was crazy seeing the snow pickup almost exponentially as you approached the top.

Archived