Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up around 2 inches yesterday adding to the swamped week. Currently the dew point is 67 which is amazing for this time of year. It really feels like a summer morning out. I'd love to know what the average dew point is for this time of year but I'm sure it would be hard to find.

Pretty impressive rainy period here in NE TN.  The leaves are starting to make more progress as they are a bit late.  Huge amounts of acorns are in the back yard.  The most I can remember.  I don't think this correlates with anything other than maybe some bigger squirrels next spring.  The garden is ready to be tucked-in for the winter.  Front flower beds have already been pruned-back.  Flurries should begin flying in the Smokies w/in the next 30 days - climo speaking.  At the moment it is overcast, low ceilings, and temps are in the mid-60s.

Much less rain than I figured from this wave. Around 1.1 inches so far with the back edge approaching. All in all, very rainy start to October. Around 7.4 inches already this month. Which is more than double the average.

The most impressive thing to me, after all the severe from yesterday, I've not even heard a rumble of thunder from this system.

• 5 weeks later...

Lots of wrecks and the first total fire loss in Unicoi County this morning. I knew it was going to be bad when I was people driving 70 and what looked like wet patches developing on the overpasses.

MRX did put out a statement last night warning about black ice but it is pretty hard to see in the morning. Low last night was 26 and some flurries are spitting out this morning. That makes 3 days in November with flakes in the air. Still no accumulation.

MRX did put out a statement last night warning about black ice but it is pretty hard to see in the morning. Low last night was 26 and some flurries are spitting out this morning. That makes 3 days in November with flakes in the air. Still no accumulation.

A few flurries in the air this morning in Kingsport, TN. Definitely the coldest morning working outside I've had this fall. Feels more like mid-January instead of mid-November. 

Archived