• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS

jaxjagman

Are you able to get me a report or radar which showed the gusts at 60 mph. Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss on my gusts. But feel sure I am right. We are right against Bays Mtn, north side. Even news reports would be fine. I feel MRX missed on this, but maybe I am wrong. I know what 40 mph looks like. This was well above it.

It was warned right until it came in Kingsport and the warning expired. I didn't look at the velocities because I figured it wouldn't be bad. I wished I had a way to look at that. Only thing I got was a few sprinkles and a small little outflow boundary gust.

I would of loved to get hit by that. I love me some good storm action.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like an anvil crawler that becomes a frog strangler followed by a gully washer but I can't seem to get jack squat at my location. This summer has been fascinating in that I'm learning the countless variations of setups that can get everybody around me soaked while I stay dry as a bone. It's comical at this point. At least I have home grown tomatoes to eat. But with my latest water bill being $130 those are some expensive friggin maters lol.

I'd like an anvil crawler that becomes a frog strangler followed by a gully washer but I can't seem to get jack squat at my location. This summer has been fascinating in that I'm learning the countless variations of setups that can get everybody around me soaked while I stay dry as a bone. It's comical at this point. At least I have home grown tomatoes to eat. But with my latest water bill being $130 those are some expensive friggin maters lol.

Drought monitor has you guys in a moderate drought now up to the tri area

Edit:Maybe that's NE of you after further inspection

Models did a piss poor job with Bill.By the sounding i did a couple days ago for our area on the Summer discussion thread both the GFS and NAM and even the euro to some extent showed a severe weather chance for late Sat afternoon into the evening,the storm is west of us this morning

Are you able to get me a report or radar which showed the gusts at 60 mph. Just wanting to make sure I didn't miss on my gusts. But feel sure I am right. We are right against Bays Mtn, north side. Even news reports would be fine. I feel MRX missed on this, but maybe I am wrong. I know what 40 mph looks like. This was well above it.

I will look. I was caught on 11W and I too know what 40mph winds look like. There were easily some 60mph gusts mixed with hail when the main core passed over as it moved into Washington Co., Va. Also, there were as many as 2,000 customer outages in the area. I also believe MRX totally missed it. They let the warning expire but the cell actually intensified as it rolled through NW Sullivan, Kingsport, Reedy Creek, Clear Creek, etc....

Right now we have a line of storms that's pushing through the area thanks to old Bill. Hoping for an inch or so of rain off of this. The deficit is still there but we've had enough rain recently to alleviate any real bad drought issues in the upper most areas of NE Tn / SW Va. Though, yes, areas around Knox, Sevier, and west over the Plateau are still pretty dry. My yard is growing out of control here though. lol...

post-845-0-31367800-1434824697_thumb.gif

I had a severe storm just roll over my backyard. The only catch..... I was 50 miles south visiting my inlaws... Lmao at least my garden got to benefit!!

And ****, it took out my zucchini bush and pushed around my tomato plants a little bit. Debris is everywhere must have been a hell of a storm.

Batten down the hatches NE TN and of course SW VA.  The line of thunderstorms looks stout and has made it south into TN.  Just ordered 31 windows.  Delivered today and were leaning up against the garage.  They are now in the house!  The wife and I successfully scrambled them into the sunroom and garage.  Whew.  The cars are going to have to fend for themselves.  Please, no hail!  Storms in SE KY were dropping 1-2" hail.  Hoping they have lost that aspect. 

Can't seem to get any storms fired up this evening in the east. Thought for sure with the instability we'd have stuff igniting on the plateau that would eventually split me. Was hoping to at least hear some thunder and feel a breeze. Still time I guess.

It's scorching...

The last three days 94, 94, and today was 95.....

I'm looking forward to Sunday when the days start getting shorter.. Long long days right... I'm also looking for some rain it's starting to get a little dry.

Thhe last three high temps in Marietta. 93,94, and 94 today... This heat wave has been stout. No rain either....

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
FLASH FLOOD WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NASHVILLE TN
1228 AM CDT WED JUN 24 2015

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NASHVILLE HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...
  SOUTHWESTERN RUTHERFORD COUNTY IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE...
  WILLIAMSON COUNTY IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE...

* UNTIL 330 AM CDT

* AT 1227 AM CDT...EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT HAS REPORTED SIGNIFICANT
  FLOODING FROM A THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN ACROSS THE
  WARNED AREA. UP TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN. FLASH
  FLOODING IS POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE WARNED AREA.

* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...
  FRANKLIN...SMYRNA...BRENTWOOD...LA VERGNE...SPRING HILL...
  FAIRVIEW...NOLENSVILLE...FOREST HILLS...OAK HILL...THOMPSON`S
  STATION...EAGLEVILLE...TRIUNE...LEIPERS FORK...NATCHEZ TRACE AT
  HIGHWAY 96...THOMPSONS STATION AND ROCKVALE.

The green haze may be isoprene from trees. Perhaps not isoprene, but I think it is natural either way. Atmo seems too mixed to be pollution. National Forest ranger once told us the name of the aerosol from trees, but I forgot the name of it. Trees produce more when it is hotter like now. TGIF will mean much more this week with the front coming on Friday...

Anybody else notice a lot of smoke/haze in the air over the last couple of days? Lookout Mountain was invisible this afternoon.

Clintwood, va. has had some pretty decent storms roll this week, and it looks like we will get some more this evening/tonight. Had a lawn car smash into the back of my neighbors car and smash the rear glass. Lots of lightning with it, even snapped a few decent pics of them.

post-10357-0-25553700-1435340054_thumb.j

Archived