Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work from Knoxville northeast through the Tri Cities area. Seeing lots of 3/4 mi SN obs up there. Chattanooga had light snow and picked up a dusting. Roads are wet to slushy with a few slick spots in town. Fort Oglethorpe to Ringgold got a quarter to half inch with worse roads. Winding down here now but snow continues in northwest Georgia. Everybody from TYS to TRI enjoy the rest.

That was a pretty successful "cancel." Since Feb 16th, we have received about 16-17" of snow IMBY in west Kingsport. KV and 1234, that sound about right?

I have to be careful with my new found super powers....

Quick measurement has 2.5" now...looks to finally be winding down. 

That was a pretty successful "cancel." Since Feb 16th, we have received about 16-17" of snow IMBY in west Kingsport. KV and 1234, that sound about right?

Yeah that sounds about right to me. I got 5" last Monday, then 1" last Wednesday, then 8" last Saturday, and now 2.75" this morning. I also had .25 on Thanksgiving which brings me to a total of 17" which gets me over the KTRI seasonal average of 13. I know you don't like Los Niños but I love the bigger events that come with them. We didn't even have a sustained -AO/-NAO this year. Thanks to the Pacific and Mr. Bob canceling winter we made it out alright.

Yeah that sounds about right to me. I got 5" last Monday, then 1" last Wednesday, then 8" last Saturday, and now 2.75" this morning. I also had .25 on Thanksgiving which brings me to a total of 17" which gets me over the KTRI seasonal average of 13. I know you don't like Los Niños but I love the bigger events that come with them. We didn't even have a sustained -AO/-NAO this year. Thanks to the Pacific and Mr. Bob canceling winter we made it out alright.

True that. As I stated...Nino climo usually delivers, but the patience to wait to the end of winter is what I don't like. Several times in the 90s, we would wait till the end of winter and nothing would happen. The sun is much quieter now, and I think that has made a difference. They opened UT's outdoor pool in the early 90s in like January during one Nino year. As for this winter...I received a 0.5" shortly before the first big snow when the cold roared in...then 4.5" last Monday...1" with the clipper...7" last Saturday(could be an inch more or less than this)...pushing 4" on this event.

Also known as "The Ninos" in spanish.

XcdFooa.gif

Archived