Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That same band trained ESE right over my neck of the woods. I'm pretty sure I've got an inch of snow out of that heavy burst in little more than 30 minutes.

Was crazy. Have about 1/2" here. Wind had to have been gusting 30-40 mph.

Yeah I picked up a 1/2 inch too. Met the salt truck going down the road and got plastered. The winds this week have been insane. Pound, VA got six inches this evening. Unreal. US 23 is closed in Wise County, VA.

Same here Carver's! Can't believe it. Roads will be dicey in the AM for sure. Glad I'm stocked up on supplies...it'll be panic city at every grocery store from here to Memphis tomorrow!  :lmao:

Yes, it is going to be crazy.  While nothing is ever certain, have to be prepared.  As an old Boy Scout, I find that to be always true.

Congrats Cotton! Always really liked the Clintwood area. Had a job that brought me to that area once a week for nearly a decade (a long time ago). Glad to see folks cashing in on our storm hors d'oeuvres! 

Thanks! Its a nice little place, but roads are terrible, one poor guy wrecked right below my house, his truck flipped and landed on its side on top of a guardrail. Still have no idea why there was no winter weather advisory. Now just gotta hope to get on good with this next storm!

Chatty light snow started at 6:30 am Eastern, dropping a dusting by 8am when it paused. Skeptic Jeff is surprised it got over the Plateau into town. Now snow showers are in progress, as it has transitioned into a more showery regime. Patches of blue sky are noted while fizzards move through. Almost feels like the mountains if one really imagines hard, lol!

Glad many are enjoying an upside surprise esp along I-40 from Nashville to Knoxvegas. And up I-81 from Tenn into Virginia is pretty sweet this morning. I'd really love to be in eastern Kentucky where they are catching great orographics. Enjoy!

Archived