• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

I know it was i! :lol: not like im wrong i mean the winter cancels and what determines an epic winter for an individual in here is nothing short of LOL worthy

"extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope"

Technically, it wouldn't be too difficult for Mother Nature to produce a winter that is EPIC. By definition. By our standards, I think it'd mean a top 3 winter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The city just sucks for any snows and snowfall. Even outside the city at least I saw snow falling. UHI FTL.

It's mid November. In January this would have been an advisory event for just about everyone.

It's kind of silly to expect something like this to be elevation dependent. It snowed up here for hours and didn't stick. Temp never dropped below 34 until after it stopped.

I'm a bit surprised that the city didn't flip, but it was pretty obvious yesterday that accumuations would be limited outside of the higher elevations. The high res models did a great job, the 12z EURO was spot on.

It did... at least uptown. I was on 178th/Amsterdam ave last night around 11 and it was all snow.

Well since this is the banter thread, I was thinking I hope by December at some point pattern stays cold but we get all other ingredients needed for snow storm blocking etc etc ...I do recall many winters where we get bitter cold then warms up we get rain then a bit of wet snow at end of storm then bitter cold again then ..just before next system we end up on warm side of storm ,I shake my head saying other day was like 20 degrees and now we get rain storm ; that cycle would repeat storm after storm and if lucky would squeeze in a clipper system once in a while for a 1-3 inch event...I pray such a winter does not evolve ...but you just never know ...such is the hobby ..we have chosen ..let's forget I even thought such horrid ideas and let true winter snow begin sometime in December..

Well since this is the banter thread, I was thinking I hope by December at some point pattern stays cold but we get all other ingredients needed for snow storm blocking etc etc ...I do recall many winters where we get bitter cold then warms up we get rain then a bit of wet snow at end of storm then bitter cold again then ..just before next system we end up on warm side of storm ,I shake my head saying other day was like 20 degrees and now we get rain storm ; that cycle would repeat storm after storm and if lucky would squeeze in a clipper system once in a while for a 1-3 inch event...I pray such a winter does not evolve ...but you just never know ...such is the hobby ..we have chosen ..let's forget I even thought such horrid ideas and let true winter snow begin sometime in December..

I don't think this will be a wash-rinse-repeat pattern. Models are hinting at stratospheric warming up in the polar regions which will enhance the polar intrusions and promote blocking by early to mid December. All the other teleconnections are already lined up not to mention an active southern jet. My gut tells me by mid December the latest we'll be rocking and rolling; and I think when all is said and done, this winter will rival '96 and '03.

I don't think this will be a wash-rinse-repeat pattern. Models are hinting at stratospheric warming up in the polar regions which will enhance the polar intrusions and promote blocking by early to mid December. All the other teleconnections are already lined up not to mention an active southern jet. My gut tells me by mid December the latest we'll be rocking and rolling; and I think when all is said and done, this winter will rival '96 and '03.

Careful with mentioning 03' and 96'. Although teleconnectors and stratospheric warming over E. siberia is promoting blocking come december still going to have to require correct phases and upstream blocking timed well to get EC cyclogenesis. Nothing is a layup and best not get too deep in talking about december until end of this month once the relaxation occurs

Archived