• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

None that have been reported ;) haha. And definitely not saying it hasn't been dry. The short term indicators reflect that too, just explaining why it hasn't reached the "Moderate Drought" level in the grand scheme of things. Of course, another month of dry weather could change it.

Locally this area is as bad as I've seen it in my time living here. It's not as bad in other areas but this area to nrn RI is really dry and probably easily in the moderate category. I've never noticed trees just turning brown like they are now.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the widespread 30s tonight and tomorrow night? Noticed forecasts especially for Saturday morning have warmed quite a bit. Yesterday a 37 for BDL on Saturday morning and now a 47. That's a pretty big shift in what should be pretty easy forecasting conditions. Even down here OKX had two nights of mid-40s which is now replaced with lows around 50.

ITs a pretty impressive airmass hitting us tomorrow.This is essentially record cold 850 temps for this time of the year. Euro has -3C tickling GYX and the the earliest I can find a reading that cold in their record is 9/18/90....then a slight bit warmer on 9/16/59.

ORH went 54/34 on 9/18/90. So its pretty cold stuff.

The core of the cold in 1990 got a bit further south, so I would not expect the same splits, but I could easily see something like 56/40 or something.

ITs a pretty impressive airmass hitting us tomorrow.This is essentially record cold 850 temps for this time of the year. Euro has -3C tickling GYX and the the earliest I can find a reading that cold in their record is 9/18/90....then a slight bit warmer on 9/16/59.

ORH went 54/34 on 9/18/90. So its pretty cold stuff.

The core of the cold in 1990 got a bit further south, so I would not expect the same splits, but I could easily see something like 56/40 or something.

That's such a classic delivery of one of those more shallow cold airmasses like this one. What a chilly day tomorrow will be on the coast with a 15-20kt wind.

Archived