SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66/55 at BDL. Hopefully you're surving the swamp. 

The damaging drought in progress in CT (I don't know how you survive in the lightest yellow "abnormally dry" shading), is keeping dew points lower than they should be at most spots, but especially fields without irrigation like airports.  Those are improper sitings and readings.  You need to take the official dew readings in the well watered yards, with moisture dripping off the trees all day long like the Amazon.  That way you can more accurately compare dew points to those tropical locations.

Worried about precip tomorrow...the past several Thursday's I've been going to someone's house for Quest viewing parties and we've been watching them outside...and tomorrow's turnout of people could be pretty big since it's the final episodes and if it's raining we would have to go inside.  

What happened then?  On that date in 1991, some N.Maine points had 2-5" of snow - looked quite pretty on peak-color leaves, though it messed up some airphotos we had had taken in the Allagash country.

Some snow showers occurred over the interior (esp higher terrain) that afternoon. I remember it in ORH...we had more graupel where I was with temps around 40F. Really steep lapse rates that day but cold enough aloft for snow and some of the mangled flakes made it to the surface. It is ORH's earliest trace of snow on record.

Worried about precip tomorrow...the past several Thursday's I've been going to someone's house for Quest viewing parties and we've been watching them outside...and tomorrow's turnout of people could be pretty big since it's the final episodes and if it's raining we would have to go inside.

Hopefully it holds off till after 7:00. That seems to be about arrival time. Doesn't appear to be much

:axe:  :axe:  :axe:

Showers & isolated thunder are in the forecast for Thu afternoon & evening. How much rain is expected? #MAwx #RIwx pic.twitter.com/s1O69mAeAU

BxMSkSSIcAAdhJ9.png

Hopefully we miss the precip here, vegetation is so lush it's frightening.  Rain barrels are full to the brim.

MPM is letting farmers hay his yard the grass is so high. 

Hopefully we miss the precip here, vegetation is so lush it's frightening.  Rain barrels are full to the brim.

MPM is letting farmers hay his yard the grass is so high. 

It really is.  Weekly mowing required for the foreseeable future. 

Was in a meeting in Burlington today.  Surprised to see the trees were as green the whole way up as they are here.   I had expected them to have more color along 89 than here. 

57.0/55

It really is.  Weekly mowing required for the foreseeable future. 

Was in a meeting in Burlington today.  Surprised to see the trees were as green the whole way up as they are here.   I had expected them to have more color along 89 than here. 

57.0/55

The only real color I've seen is on RT 2 in a few areas around Athol and Gardner.

It really is. Weekly mowing required for the foreseeable future.

Was in a meeting in Burlington today. Surprised to see the trees were as green the whole way up as they are here. I had expected them to have more color along 89 than here.

57.0/55

We really haven't had much change at all here, even up high it's still just the very beginning. It's like the subtle changes happened in August but nothing has happened since then.

Regardless, peak here is always the first two weeks of October, so it's gotta start changing fast here sometime soon. I bet next weeks cold weather (highs in the 60s, lows 30s/40s) will get it going.

We really haven't had much change at all here, even up high it's still just the very beginning. It's like the subtle changes happened in August but nothing has happened since then.

Regardless, peak here is always the first two weeks of October, so it's gotta start changing fast here sometime soon. I bet next weeks cold weather (highs in the 60s, lows 30s/40s) will get it going.

One of the women I met with yesterday was going to have her first foliage season--she wasn't sure what to expect.  I told her it's a fantastic couple weeks.  It comes quick, like someone throwing a switch.  It then ends just as quick and suddenly you're in winter for six months

Archived