Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know where to put this but Mr. Spock passed away today. Always sparked my interest in science. Live long and prosper.

Most people on the board are probably too young to have seen Star Trek during it's original run but it was one of the best series ever and Spock was definitely my favorite. His passing is sad.

On another note, with one day to go in February my mean temperature to date is 21.2F. I think the average mean for Flemington is 28 or 29. I'm ready for Spring.

Most people on the board are probably too young to have seen Star Trek during it's original run but it was one of the best series ever and Spock was definitely my favorite. His passing is sad.

Sadly, there are probably some kids on the board who hear that Spock died and ask "Really?  Zachary Quinto?"

Another Trek fan here and more specifically, a Vulcan fan.   Was really sorry to hear that news yesterday (I was able to see him at a local convention about a dozen years ago and got an autograph).  I think many of us who made science a career were fans thanks to the show (or "shows", considering there were 5 more series after the original plus all the films).  Funny but rewatching STIII: TSFS last night, I chuckled at the Genesis planet scenes as the planet evolved, which resultied in some insane weather/temperature patterns that occured within directly adjacent areas, e.g., 39C in one spot and 12C and falling, just adjacent (like this year's precipitation cutoffs). :lmao:

Archived