• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Third weather related mass pile up on the local interstates since DEC 2013. Not sure what could have been done about the DEC 2013 wreck on the TP in Chester County, forecast for an inch of snow turned into an inch of snow per hour for several hours. The 2014 Valentine's Day massacre on the TP in Bucks County was clearly a PennDot boondoggle who gave the all clear 2 hrs. prior to that 100 car pile up. Poor state & local police coordination during the initial response also exacerbated the situation. Yesterday obviously was complete chaos, IMO even worse than the initial part the 94 ice storm that occurred during a normal weekday rush hour, again very fortunate it was SUN morning.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at radar organized area of precip to our west trucking east bound don't recall this being in the plan today?

RGEM has a bit of the precip making it past the mountains to eastern PA. Nam has nothing making it over the mountains. I will say it looks more impressive on radar than either of those models depicted it at this hour. Maybe good for some mood flakes, rain drops.

Those showers look pretty good coming across PA still. A little mid level frontogenisis over central NJ could be enough to help them hold together. Who has access to lapse rate forecasts?

i feel like we've all been posting here long enough that it's ok to ask this without it coming off as too rude...your face: what's the story?...we have a pool going....i have 5 dollars on "gnawed off by chimpanzee"...

Those showers look pretty good coming across PA still. A little mid level frontogenisis over central NJ could be enough to help them hold together. Who has access to lapse rate forecasts?

I don't but I do see the radar, and I'm wondering if we can get enough cooling to change what I presume to be rain over to snow? Currently 43F, DP 31F. Looks like about 3 hours of precip if it holds together, and it would be a nice way to start what could be a good week ahead, with some unexpected snow even if just in the air.

i feel like we've all been posting here long enough that it's ok to ask this without it coming off as too rude...your face: what's the story?...we have a pool going....i have 5 dollars on "gnawed off by chimpanzee"...

lol...I think it's great that you feel comfortable enough here to be able to reveal your sensitive side...

Shucks, it never hurts to ask, it's not rude! I was an OCM for many years. I'm a real snow lover like most here. I had a terrible skiing accident when I tried a trail that was too difficult. It was a night session and I had been drinking. Banged up the kisser pretty good, and haven't been on air since.

Archived