Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a bit over 5 months to first chair...sweet.

Yeah I was thinking about that today too. In 5 months it'll about be time for those first high elevation snowfalls. Can usually bank on making turns on natural snow on Mansfield (at least up high) in October. I'll still never forget I think it was 2005 or 2006 I skied the glades in October after like three feet of cement.

I went cross country skiing at Gunstock on a 6th grade field trip. Ended up going too fast on the first part that wasn't level. Yeah, I crashed and burned on what was probably a 10 foot vertical drop over 150 feet.

My skiing story is not as interesting as everyone elses.

oddly I can ski downhill pretty much anywhere but xcountry is a disaster for me too

Heard that some people are saying most spring snow on CO over the last 20 yrs. Still 10' OTG near pikes peak where they plow the road.

"More snow has fallen already this month at Arapahoe Basin than did during January or March, extending a Colorado ski season that saw inconsistent moisture and worried operators about revenue. Storms brought so much snow on Mother's Day, May 10, the ski area recorded its highest number of single-day visitors ever.

While A-Basin declined to say exactly how many skiers and riders were there, executives said it was 15 percent more than on the previous record day of April 24, 2010."

-------

That's amazing they set their single day visit record on May 10th. Goes to show what being the only open spot in Colorado will do when it snows big.

See that looks horrible to me..lol. I guess you have to be hard core for that.  

I'm with you.  a little depressing to see the last swaths of snow wither away.  time to move on to other activities.

as far as the previous discussion regarding western ski areas, agree that the SLC areas have it all including what is likely the best chance for good fresh snow.  Whistler and JH also amazing.  But for a little off the beaten path destination Whitewater in southern BC is really cool.  They get great snow and the resort is like MRG west.  No lodging around the mtn.  Stay in Nelson, BC which is an old gold rush town.  great steep tree skiing.

Everything is relative. In June that is awesome. Looking forward to one last hurrah on Monday 6/1. Though I do expect an equal amount of walking down vs skiing down. Many of the K faithful are quite proficient at grass skiing though I am not. Hopefully k will open in October next year. Three calendar months without skiing will be hard but we will get through it.

Everything is relative. In June that is awesome. Looking forward to one last hurrah on Monday 6/1. Though I do expect an equal amount of walking down vs skiing down. Many of the K faithful are quite proficient at grass skiing though I am not. Hopefully k will open in October next year. Three calendar months without skiing will be hard but we will get through it.

Dude, this looks dumb. Imagine what this will be like after the torch.  At least it is free.

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain/webcam/golf.html

Dude, this looks dumb. Imagine what this will be like after the torch.  At least it is free.

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain/webcam/golf.html

Not a dude but I am a bump skier. Skied almost all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Had an awesome time! Spent approximately 40 hours at Killington between skiing 6-9 hours each day and celebrating with friends after until sunset and beyond. You either get it or you don't. I had fun. Maybe you wouldn't. To each their own.

Not a dude but I am a bump skier. Skied almost all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Had an awesome time! Spent approximately 40 hours at Killington between skiing 6-9 hours each day and celebrating with friends after until sunset and beyond. You either get it or you don't. I had fun. Maybe you wouldn't. To each their own.

Very true. When I lived directly on the beach I would surf little crap wave just to say I surfed every day in a given month on the east coast. (July 08 had at least ridable wind swell on everyday of the month) I enjoyed every minute

Wish I had the money/time to ski in the Southern Hemisphere in the summer.

Me too...wish I had money to spend entire winters out west too. :lol:

One thing was true this year though....spring skiing was excellent.

A Mountain Ops co-worker of mine did that for a few seasons...working in VT in the winter then going down south for their winter in our summer. He said you don't realize how much you enjoy summer until you go 2-3 years without one. He said it was fun but got old quick, even for a snow lover. Like finishing up in April and then going immediately to November weather again. The daylight also was supposedly an issue after several years like that, because you are following the "dark side" around the globe. Youre always in the shortest daylight of the year mode, not getting to enjoy those long summer days.

It's an interesting idea and I bet it is fun to do for a couple years, but I bet I'd start to miss summer too.

Hopefully the torch wipes it out so Skivt2 can cease their endless promotion of Killington, even when the resort is a 2 foot strip of snow in a grass field :lmao:

Should be fun skiing mud bumps on June 1. But, it's bragging rights I guess. That's akin to Kevin's snow bank build up to make it look like winter, by piling all the snow in a narrow area. :lol:

Now, out west....that's spring skiing baby.

I'll just go away now. Start your own ski season thread next August. I thought I was contributing useful information. One less female on the board won't hurt anything. Im sure no one was interested in my first hand conditions reports from the base/summit of Pico during winter anyway. Have fun with your stupid f'n hot dogs.

I'll just go away now. Start your own ski season thread next August. I thought I was contributing useful information. One less female on the board won't hurt anything. Im sure no one was interested in my first hand conditions reports from the base/summit of Pico during winter anyway. Have fun with your stupid f'n hot dogs.

I find them interesting.

Haters gon' hate.

Archived