Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready to enjoy all 8-10 trails. If you can deal with that it will very worth while.

For $19. Yeah I can deal with that easily. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy on the ski slopes at that price.

I may do Okemo or Sunapee though because I have a freebie to either mountain...a new development in the past 24 hours.

I may not go though if the weather sucks late next week. In hoping for good snow this week up there.

Yeah, I seriously doubt the beast whim open back up next weekend.

Looking for a place to ski next weekend. Never been to bolton, but seriously contemplating it.

Since I peri much missed midwinter, I wouldn't mind heading farther than I usually venture. Is Love top introduce my kids to stowe, but liftopia doesn't seem to have a good discount for them.

Nice.

I'm contemplating bolton on Sunday and sugarbush on Monday with a night in waterbury in between.

I'm going to be at Bolton Valley on Saturday...I haven't decided yet if I'm skiing Sunday...if I do two days there, we could meet up for a few runs.

I'm going to be at Bolton Valley on Saturday...I haven't decided yet if I'm skiing Sunday...if I do two days there, we could meet up for a few runs.

Hey Will, if you have time, do you think you could do a run down of how you think this might evolve for the ski areas?

Hey Will, if you have time, do you think you could do a run down of how you think this might evolve for the ski areas?

I think it should be a good shot of snow there tonight/early tomorrow. Then unfortunately they will probably get some rain on Friday, but the true warmth looks to be fairly brief, so I expect they wont lose much snow. Mightbe a net gain actually if they can pull off 6"+ tonight. Best snows look like central VT over to Whites.

There could actually be a little bit of upslope snow on Saturday in N VT.

Yesterday was a top day...again.  Started with 2-3" of fresh snow from that overrunning event the evening before, but then the sun came out, temps shot up to 40F and it was spring.

I will say, you need the right wax for these types of days.  New powder that warms up can get sticky on the south facing slopes.  Untracked powder that warms up is tricky skiing...so in the afternoon it was much better to stick to the groomed terrain for smoother turns.

11139399_10152688303187382_2608025040180

Yesterday was a top day...again.  Started with 2-3" of fresh snow from that overrunning event the evening before, but then the sun came out, temps shot up to 40F and it was spring.

I will say, you need the right wax for these types of days.  New powder that warms up can get sticky on the south facing slopes.  Untracked powder that warms up is tricky skiing...so in the afternoon it was much better to stick to the groomed terrain for smoother turns.

11139399_10152688303187382_2608025040180

was taught a little trick back in the day for those sticky days and I carry a small can with me, Pam sprayed lightly on the bottoms, usually lasts for a bunch of runs.

was taught a little trick back in the day for those sticky days and I carry a small can with me, Pam sprayed lightly on the bottoms, usually lasts for a bunch of runs.

Yeah, usually just a little rub on wax will last all day, too.  Its real cheap too...you can get some universal klister wax for like $3 at any ski shop.  You can just rub it on the bases.  Just some texture will help break up the suction caused by those damp dendrites on a dry base.

Also as you can see in the background of that photo...the rowdy terrain of the Chin and Ridge is in incredible shape right now.  Buried up to 15 feet deep on that east side.  Folks are going big, I've seen tracks heading into some big cliffs and burly terrain.  I love this time of year, the locals are laying it down right now.

Man if any of you can get at the mtns today..should be awesome.

My day off but here I am putting the ski gear on again.

It's bittersweet when the season ends, as you know there'll be snow till Memorial Day (it'll be time to plow out the work roads in a couple weeks), but once it's over I actually have to think about what clothes to wear each day. Snowpants are no longer business attire after April 19th.

Archived