SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's put to bed those who keep claiming this has been an above normal summer.

60dTDeptNRCC_2.png

Who is claiming it has been an above normal summer? 

Also, what would met summer look like if you added in the first 3 weeks of June?

I would wager that based on that map, New England as a whole is averaging about as dead on average as you can get.  Some pockets of above normal like BTV and BOS area, plus a larger area occupying some real estate in Maine, and then the rest is slightly below normal.  Its felt much colder though because of the recent torch summers we've had.

Well tomorrow midnight will be a week for most of us w/o rain. And the next 7-10 days look dry with a big warming trend next week...so that will put us up into like 2 weeks with no rain. I fired up the sprinkler tonight. Days and days of watering ahead

the low dews are doing the dirty work....

Well tomorrow midnight will be a week for most of us w/o rain. And the next 7-10 days look dry with a big warming trend next week...so that will put us up into like 2 weeks with no rain. I fired up the sprinkler tonight. Days and days of watering ahead

Gimme a break. Waah two weeks without rain.

Who is claiming it has been an above normal summer?

Also, what would met summer look like if you added in the first 3 weeks of June?

I would wager that based on that map, New England as a whole is averaging about as dead on average as you can get. Some pockets of above normal like BTV and BOS area, plus a larger area occupying some real estate in Maine, and then the rest is slightly below normal. Its felt much colder though because of the recent torch summers we've had.

SNE climo fits the solstice definition of seasons not the met definition.

Long time no talk, guys! Been busy getting acclimated with my overnight shifts at Accuweather. Hope all of you guys are doing well! 

Don't see any sustainable warmth in the near future...enjoy the low electricity bills!

Definitely enjoying tht piece--we've barely run the CAC.

Definitely enjoying tht piece--we've barely run the CAC.

Same with me out in PA. I mean, I've been dumb and run my AC at night for comfort when I shouldn't have within the last month, sure. Cost me when the power bill came in. Lesson learned, haha.

But seriously, we've been below average every day this freakin' month out this way.

Finally have fios up in the apartment. I see no highs over 85 really anywhere for the extent of the run for all of SNE. A few days of warm weather. Will be quite dry and boring though. (as everyone has really already said..)

Yup, agreed. For someone who now does it for a living, God I cannot wait for winter. 

(Of course then I'll hate it after I'm super busy, haha)

Long time no talk, guys! Been busy getting acclimated with my overnight shifts at Accuweather. Hope all of you guys are doing well!

Don't see any sustainable warmth in the near future...enjoy the low electricity bills!

Congrats on the job. Really goning to miss your forecasts for VTrans. Best of luck and remember to pop into the NNE thread once in awhile this winter.

Hey dude...been wondering if you'd be posting anymore.  Congrats on graduating and the job.  Don't become a stranger on here ;) 

SNE climo fits the solstice definition of seasons not the met definition.

I hear ya...  Been a very enjoyable summer overall, aside from the early July heat/humidity (which is the perfect time for it, around July 4th), its been perfect temps for outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, golf, etc.  I will say I haven't been enjoying the river in the backyard nearly as much as I did last year though.  The swimming hole has seen only a handful of days, when last summer we took afternoon dips almost daily it seemed.

Business suits & brochure weather out there today.  High of 76F at MVL, and 73F up at the base of the ski resort, with 58F up at the picnic tables.

I hear ya...  Been a very enjoyable summer overall, aside from the early July heat/humidity (which is the perfect time for it, around July 4th), its been perfect temps for outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, golf, etc.  I will say I haven't been enjoying the river in the backyard nearly as much as I did last year though.  The swimming hole has seen only a handful of days, when last summer we took afternoon dips almost daily it seemed.

Business suits & brochure weather out there today.  High of 76F at MVL, and 73F up at the base of the ski resort, with 58F up at the picnic tables.

attachicon.gifIMG_3301_edited-2.jpg

Nice shot there.  Progged upper 70's here--maybe tickle 80?

53.4/52

Archived