• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

I always get a little skeptical of these re-developers or general lows modeled coming up from the south. Not that they can't happen...but as many stated before...you don't have the good dynamics and baroclinicity to generate a big area of moderate-heavy rain. The euro op does just that, but it would take a strong low with good upper level support. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that, but the argument was for a stretch of boring weather, which even if this is a run of the mill storm, I wouldn't quantify the stretch of weather as boring, which to me implies dry average weather like we've had alot of this summer.   On a personal note, I'm taking the boys camping at Hammonassett Thur-Sun, so let it rain Wed! 

Eh, subjective terms I guess. A run of the mill synoptic rain event in August might be considered boring to many. Especially if it doesn't end up quite as consolidated as the OP Euro shows.

It could probably be modified as "this pattern is really boring for us if you like tropical or severe wx"

Yep our annual coed scholarship memorial tournament for Keri is Saturday, perfect after the last two years of rainy mornings

It's our Shriner summer outing, Hawaiian theme for our unit, 2 lobsters, 16 oz ribeye, chicken ,burger and dogs with all the fixings are the choices, All the beer/booze free, Members , Members ladies and kids and grand kids. Included, except under 21 for booze lol, Great outdoors on pleasant pond in Turner, ME

Absolutely wonderful atumnal appeal to this airmass.

Love it.

This time is synonymous with mid February, when snowfall landing on windshields is victimized by solar irradiance, representing one of the very first palpable preludes to the seasonal transition....

Yum.

I like when the warms days lose out and the heat and the creatures begin to die.

Then all slips into shadow and cold.

Hissssssssss. Hisssssssss.

Soon.

This is horrible, summer is so short its depressing. Especially when we got no HHH days

I am kind of glad we didnt get many HHH days, made things a bit more tolerable when you work outside. Watching that SAL suck up all the tropical moisture is the depressing part. Makes Hurricane season dreary :(

SAL Putting stopper in Tropical Development

It's our Shriner summer outing, Hawaiian theme for our unit, 2 lobsters, 16 oz ribeye, chicken ,burger and dogs with all the fixings are the choices, All the beer/booze free, Members , Members ladies and kids and grand kids. Included, except under 21 for booze lol, Great outdoors on pleasant pond in Turner, ME

In the shadow of Bear Mt - great spot.  Should be coolish, partly cloudy, rain-free.

Archived