• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2014 Summer complaint thread

dmc76

I have nothing to complain about, it has been fairly active with storms, sure it would be nice to have some more severe weather but it isn't a dealbreaker. I am also fine that it hasn't been blisteringly hot, we had plenty of that the previous summers before last summer.

I'm on the beach in Grand Haven right now.... 58℉, nobody in the lake. Worst LES season ever is on the way.

I just have to laugh, we're in a summer complaint thread and the first formal complaint deals with the upcoming winter.  Anyway, I have no complaints, but if I was a warminista, like Powerball I would be all over this thread.  It has been the coolest summer in awhile.

Total lack of anything close to exciting IMBY, in the thunderstorm and/or severe department. Goes back to Spring too...so it's a Spring/Summer complaint/rant. Just crappy luck I guess.

Other than that, this Summer has been perfection.

EDIT: live LAF screwjob.

I just have to laugh, we're in a summer complaint thread and the first formal complaint deals with the upcoming winter. Anyway, I have no complaints, but if I was a warminista, like Powerball I would be all over this thread. It has been the coolest summer in awhile.

August 1st is when people start trying to analyze the upcoming winter, it's like OTAs in the NFL.

Only thing I can complain about this summer are the bugs.  Huge infestation of swarming gnats that started in May and lasted into July, which is very unusual.  Usually they only last a few weeks.  Had a week or two of very thick mosquito population as well.  None of this should be too surprising considering the huge amount of rain we had last month. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this thread hasn't had much use. Can't really complain about the mild temps and low dews. That could change later next week when a more typical summer pattern looks like it will make an appearance.

I can complain. After this record cold winter I was looking forward to a hot and humid summer. From May to September I enjoy the heat and humidity as I go to the beach often. I've only been there 4 times all summer. Winters just last so dang long up in these areas. (Nov-March/April) that it is nice to get some warmth. This pattern has been going on for a year or so. Maybe this years winter will be warmer than normal.

• 2 weeks later...

No complaints....but anyone have a solid alternate route from roughly 355 and I80 heading to shelbyville, mi? Been going there for 19 years now....but with a departure time of 4:30 and a 6 and 3 year old...i'm looking to avoid the indiana parking lot....especially if some downpour storms slow things even further...i have done a few different routes in the past....but perhaps some have some other options...thanks!

On pace for the the coolest summer here since at least sometime in the 2000s. August was running about -3F below normal. July was a little below -3F while June was about 2.2F*.

After the big heat wave August is 1.1F above normal.

In spite of the summer being normal overall it sure seemed cool versus recent years.

Electric bill took a nasty hit tho.

Same here. My complaint is that I have been sick all of July....not able to enjoy this weather to the max!

Too bad the pattern didn't hold. Went from exciting and action packed, no 90 days or better to total snooze fest, missed opportunities, and a 90+ which sent my grade tumbling to a C and thus average. Oh well.

Archived