• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fifth Tri-State Weather Conference

Quincy

Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) began hosting weather conferences every other year back in 2006 and they've grown bigger and better with each successive conference.

The Fifth Tri-State Weather Conference is scheduled for Saturday, October 18th, 2014.

Speakers this year will include Paul Kocin, Ryan Hanrahan, Jeffrey Tongue, Eleanor Vallier-Talbot and Joe Bastardi, among others:
post-533-0-65180000-1406321293_thumb.jpg
The conference is a one-day event and a relatively low cost compared to other similar conferences, running at $30. The cost includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.

It runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., so it is an all day event. There are several presentations surrounded by two small breaks and a larger break for lunch. There will be poster presentations throughout the lower floor of the Science Building at WCSU, which is what the breaks will be focused around.

I've attended 3 out of the 4 (couldn't come in 2012 because of a wedding) and it's well worth it. The turnout last year was around 200, so it's nearly doubled in size since they began in 2006. I strongly encourage all of you to try to attend!

Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) began hosting weather conferences every other year back in 2006 and they've grown bigger and better with each successive conference.

The Fifth Tri-State Weather Conference is scheduled for Saturday, October 18th, 2014.

Speakers this year will include Paul Kocin, Ryan Hanrahan, Jeffrey Tongue, Eleanor Vallier-Talbot and Joe Bastardi, among others:

attachicon.gif5th-tristate-weather-conference-final2.jpg

The conference is a one-day event and a relatively low cost compared to other similar conferences, running at $30. The cost includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments.

It runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., so it is an all day event. There are several presentations surrounded by two small breaks and a larger break for lunch. There will be poster presentations throughout the lower floor of the Science Building at WCSU, which is what the breaks will be focused around.

I've attended 3 out of the 4 (couldn't come in 2012 because of a wedding) and it's well worth it. The turnout last year was around 200, so it's nearly doubled in size since they began in 2006. I strongly encourage all of you to try to attend!

Don't forget Quincy, one of AmWx's own. I saw him on the agenda as well.

Yes that's a joke. But this sounds much more intriguing than a trip to Baltimore.

Hey...Baltimore is really nice, and having lots of fun with the AmWx weenies!  ;)

There will be TWO meetings in SNE in TWO weeks!  One week after the Tri-State, the SNE Weather Conference (#15!) will be held at Meditech in Canton, MA, at the base of Great Blue Hill.   I will be doing the same presentation at SNE Wx Conference, so those that can't make the Tri-State, try to make the SNE (on Oct 25).

I'll put up a separate post after I get home, probably Monday since my flight doesn't get into PVD until 10 PM!  

--Turtle  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived