SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cell up near the Quabbin Reservoir pulsed nicely. Maybe some quarters reaching the ground?

That cell dumped on all the tanned

coeds walking around, dressed to impress on a hot first day of classes. Good day to be outside in a rainstorm. Very large droplets suggested hail might have been incoming but it was not to be. No thunder at all. Not sure if there were hail reports further east to verify the warning.

That cell dumped on all the tanned

coeds walking around, dressed to impress on a hot first day of classes. Good day to be outside in a rainstorm. Very large droplets suggested hail might have been incoming but it was not to be. No thunder at all. Not sure if there were hail reports further east to verify the warning.

Quarters in Pelham, MA I saw. Not surprised based on radar.

What are thoughts of those storms in NY and Pa making it into and thru SNE?

I just briefly looked at mesoanalysis and I can't say with great certainty but I think they actually could hold some...maybe even some brief pulse-ups within the line?  

Looks like shear is increasing aloft ahead of the line and mlvl lapse rates actually aren't too bad.  

But like I said...just got home and briefly looked at only these few parameters.  

I really need to dual-pol train myself so I can become much more familiar with those features that are offered for situations like this.  Meso really embedded and is a bit tough to pick up on velocity alone...SRV doesn't look too crazy but BV it's more apparent (0.9 tilt)...this is a situation for dual-pol

I really need to dual-pol train myself so I can become much more familiar with those features that are offered for situations like this. Meso really embedded and is a bit tough to pick up on velocity alone...SRV doesn't look too crazy but BV it's more apparent (0.9 tilt)...this is a situation for dual-pol

Looks like a weak debris sig in radar earlier on CC out of KBGM radar.

Archived