SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 13-15 storm risk

Kmlwx

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly OT but does anybody know what directory I need to save downloaded alpha tables to in GR2AE? wxmeddler? I know how to save them if created in the program but I have some downloaded ones that I cannot figure out where to save to. 

Slightly OT but does anybody know what directory I need to save downloaded alpha tables to in GR2AE? wxmeddler? I know how to save them if created in the program but I have some downloaded ones that I cannot figure out where to save to. 

Yeah, this is odd. It's

C:\Users\"USER"\AppData\Roaming\GR2Analyst_2\VolumeData

Got our first tropopause toucher out near Luray.

They don't look all that impressive on 0.5 reflectivity. But I just switched over to echo tops and sure enough...I wonder if there's some radar blocking at play there...I know there is in winter at least. 

Line out west doesn't look terribly impressive at the moment.

It's moving into better instability so we'll see if it intensifies. Weird storms as some of them are really high in terms of echo tops but reflectivity is pretty lackluster. We are still on the edge of shear too - it's pretty weak especially east. 

And right on cue

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  257 PM EDT MON JUL 14 2014    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A    * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...    NORTHEASTERN RAPPAHANNOCK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    EASTERN WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...    NORTHWESTERN FAUQUIER COUNTY IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...    * UNTIL 330 PM EDT    * AT 255 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS DETECTED NEAR HUME...OR    12 MILES SOUTHEAST OF FRONT ROYAL...AND WAS MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20    MPH. THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF    60 MPH AND HAIL.    * LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...    HUME...    DELAPLANE...    THE PLAINS..

Archived