Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2014 Banter Thread

mattie g

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My annual re-seeding of bare spots and annual "this will be the year it actually survives" thought process is at risk.  For the 6th year in a row.

Are you seeding in the spring or fall?  You should have better luck by seeding in September.  The roots of spring germinated grass have a hard time as soon as the hot weather hits. 

Are you seeding in the spring or fall?  You should have better luck by seeding in September.  The roots of spring germinated grass have a hard time as soon as the hot weather hits. 

I seed in the fall.    Problem is the front yard is direct sun for most of the day.  Back yard grows grass great.  Heck I even once sodded a spot in the front yard from the back when we put in a garden.  That actually took.

good idea but i wear steel toe boots at work. i opted to run full speed into a brick wall instead. now everything is numb.

Wow, that was sharp thinkin. I'll keep that in the bank for future use. Doctors are overpaid.

If the pain comes back later, just start pounding beers.

People need to learn to have the same views on severe storms and big snows around here:

Can we get heavy snow/severe storms?  Yes

Do we often get heavy snow/severe storms?  No

So, learn to appreciate 1-3" snows and non-severe storms and the weather in our area is fun for its variety.  

There are multiple opinions on this forum. If someone speaks out against the grain, even though they could be wrong, is it worth the snobby attitude and insults?

Yes, if you don't like it. Don't post.

Rude behaviors begets rude responses. Especially, after the previously polite responses are ignored.

No one likes a fun sucker.

Thank you, tho my comments were mostly in jest. However I'm glad you caught what I was trying to do.

Hope you've been well!

Thank you, tho my comments were mostly in jest. However I'm glad you caught what I was trying to do.

Hope you've been well!

*hugs*

I've been keeping up (congrats on the new job!)

Been mostly hit & run lurking due to dealing with my Dad's Estate fustercluck.

Cautionary tale, choose your Executor very carefully...

Are you going to the Seminar? For comic relief, I'm pondering popping in one night. If I haven't hopped a plane to Fla. to kick some arse. ;)

Archived