SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2014

SACRUS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real cool air's in the Mid-west, where it's been since last winter, last autumn, and last summer.

Chicago recorded a prolonged dew point at or below 44F the other day which was a three sigma standard deviation in terms of July dew point climo. Also they had a couple days with high temps around 70 which is certainly formidable.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=lot&storyid=103406&source=0

And this is supposed to be a cool summer so far. Central Park also records muted highs because of the overgrowth so the numbers you listed are even more meaningful. Thanks for the stats.

I didn't see anyone saying the summer's been cool so far. We're nowhere near the likes of the cool summers of 2003, 2004, or 2009.

This summer feels cool to the general public in contrast to 2010-2013, but it's still slightly warmer than normal.

I didn't see anyone saying the summer's been cool so far. We're nowhere near the likes of the cool summers of 2003, 2004, or 2009.

This summer feels cool to the general public in contrast to 2010-2013, but it's still slightly warmer than normal.

It def feels cool in comparison to those years but true the cool is in the Midwest and we are on the periphery of the WAR.

Next week looks like your typical mid-summer pattern where we stay on the western periphery of the Bermuda ridge with daily chances of diurnal activity

f156.gif

We'll see how it trends but the latest guidance is more or less shownig 7/21 - 7/25 looks above normal (with some 90s) followed by the next cool down 7/26 - 7/30.  Beyond there, some split in the latest runs as we head into August. 

down to 67 here and falling.  quite cool feeling.

I'm already down to 61F here, at last night's low. Feels more like late August than mid/late July. And quite frankly I don't like it. Too early in the summer for me to be even thinking about early autumn weather.

I'm already down to 61F here, at last night's low. Feels more like late August than mid/late July. And quite frankly I don't like it. Too early in the summer for me to be even thinking about early autumn weather.

Down to 64 and falling.  I think we may drop to 55 or so. 

Stunning departures in the Great Lakes for this year. Any vague idea of what frequency the PV displaces far enough south to cause those temps? Is this a 1 year in 30 kind of thing? I have no idea at all.

Check out the cool down at the beginning of August 2004 in the eastern US. That was impressive. Highs barely got to 70 in NYC on one of the days and there was no rain involved.

Stunning departures in the Great Lakes for this year. Any vague idea of what frequency the PV displaces far enough south to cause those temps? Is this a 1 year in 30 kind of thing? I have no idea at all.

It was the dramatic shift in the EPO after 2012 from strongly positive to strongly negative. You can see what

a major influence patterns over the NEPAC have on our weather here. It has been driving the record drought

in California along with the record cold which focused over the the Great Lakes this winter.

You might squeeze in a 90 or two towards the end of next week. It is summer after all but there is more signals against a heatwave then for it. Pattern continues to argue more troughs in the east.

Looks hot tue - fri with 850s approaching 20c by Wed. Recent heavy rain may keep the park at bay but id say most other sites reach low to mid 90s wed and may grab 3 days of 90. Do agree another trough digs in by next weekend (7/26) but again nothing is locking in and we look to ride an ovrerall warmer pattern. +1 - +1.5 kinds of stuff for the month.

Archived