joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lightning was awesome! Went to the package store around 8:40 and just as we left the store and got in my friends car it began to pour...went to his house so he could get his laptop and the lightning was awesome...rain was really coming down...could barely see ahead

Dude, plan ahead.

This may be our 1st half of Feb 2014-equivalent for summer today and tomorrow.

Just introduced my kids to watching a storm roll in from poets seat. ...a few close cg, but the tower didn't get hit. Just fringed the northern part of the core as it was bowing out. very little wind, no hail. Good video. ..

Nice!  Good for you.

Best location in the Pioneer Valley to watch a storm come in.  I've had a few intimidating experiences up there. lol

I don't know, I had power go off and on 4 times, really windy relative to normal thunderstorms and nonstop light show.

I'm just going by the radar images. There was some 60 DBZ there, but other areas had some good echoes too like south of Tolland...maybe by you too I guess.  It was definitely a good lightning producer in most areas. Hopefully Kevin is enjoying making smores with his girls.

I'm just going by the radar images. There was some 60 DBZ there. It was definitely a good lightning producer in most areas. Hopefully Kevin is enjoying making smores with his girls.

Yeah that was the storm that went from E Hartford ENE.

Further south where I am, it was definitely a good show. Maybe round two incoming.

Archived