SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 18z HRRR is almost a perfect match of the current radar reflectivity at 22z, and has the line holding together a bit longer than earlier runs at least.

stronger bulk shear values starting to slide east so the line may be right along the leading edge of those values...could perhaps help to sustain them a bit longer

Noisy TS at my place, took out power for a couple hours (4-6 PM), and given the modest winds I'm guessing lightning damage. Only had 0.2" in the gauge when I got home at 5 (+RA on Mile Hill - 100 yd vis, prob. 3-4"/hr rate, lots of brown streamers from unpaved driveways), probably another 0.2-0.3" since, looks like maybe half an inch worth of echoes upstream.

Pretty ho-hum storm, not much wind or lightning... But crazy motion in the clouds! I've seen the roiling "whale's mouth" area behind a gust front many times, but this was especially chaotic, with billows of dark cloud rolling, expanding, contracting, folding in on itself... This chaotic turbulent motion was clearly visible to the eye, it was a lot like watching a time-lapse of a rapidly building tcu, only upside down and in real time! Cool stuff, but the storm itself was meh at best.

are you getting the heavy rain they are getting in concord? i posted link in NNE thread, concord patch says power outages and trees down in your area

http://concord-nh.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/thousands-lose-power-in-concord-bow

Yeah there were several bursts of heavy rain and strong winds.  It looked windy enough to potentially take down some branches or trees, but nothing went down in my immediate area.  The lightning strike was during somewhat of a lull in the rain and wind.  I looked all around for evidence of a strike, but couldn't find anything.  Two of my network switches seem to have been damaged, one of them is blinking and not working and the other 2 of the ports stopped working.  The wire between them goes outside and back in, but it's working still and there's no evidence of damage.  Odd.

Overall a medium storm..A little wind..good amount of lightning and .25 of rain. Enough to cancel the All Star home game we had.  Got a half inning in..then lightning started so they made us wait almost an hour. idiots. I told umps to get kids hell off the field

So much for .25 of rain

Archived