Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe threat: srn Plains states + IA / MO May 7-9

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not warned, but Johnson County EM reporting mobil homes destroyed by that cell in Joshua, TX.  Probably just straight line winds, but who knows?

Probably is straight line winds.  Perhaps building codes to anchor mobile homes.  Injuries suggests they flipped.

NWUS54 KFWD 082009

LSRFWD

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX

308 PM CDT THU MAY 08 2014

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...

..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0242 PM     TSTM WND DMG     3 NW JOSHUA             32.50N  97.42W

05/08/2014                   JOHNSON            TX   EMERGENCY MNGR

2 MOBILE HOMES DAMAGED. UNKNOWN NUMBER OF SEVERE

INJURIES. POWER LINES DOWN.

$$

Supercell composites are greater south and east of the MN cell as is greater dew point.  Greatest helicity is off to the north, but an emerging level of helicity is forming in MO.  I'd watch the western MO area currently in the t storm region for some interest this evening.

Multiple chasers/wannabe's getting pulled over in Minnesota today. One even posted a pic of her ticket, 91 in a 55, lol. 10 minutes later she deleted it, and the pic of the cop behind her. And then posted she saw 3 others getting hit. Some just don't learn.

Multiple chasers/wannabe's getting pulled over in Minnesota today. One even posted a pic of her ticket, 91 in a 55, lol. 10 minutes later she deleted it, and the pic of the cop behind her. And then posted she saw 3 others getting hit. Some just don't learn.

Not to go too deep into this discussion but these type of chasers are what will ruin it for everyone else. I mean 91 in a 55 if she lost control that would have been it.

Not to go too deep into this discussion but these type of chasers are what will ruin it for everyone else. I mean 91 in a 55 if she lost control that would have been it.

Honestly I wouldn't have posted it unless it wasn't out there for all of FB to see, she wasn't even worried about the ticket. Just the fact that she could see the wall cloud, and the cop held her up, lol.

Archived