SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2014 Banter Thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Brian! Enjoy every moment, they go by fast :)

The joy and poop stays though.  Just you end up cleaning it off the floor and chairs instead of just diapers.  Not that the last few weeks have been like that in my house with a potty training 2 year old or anything... 

The joy and poop stays though.  Just you end up cleaning it off the floor and chairs instead of just diapers.  Not that the last few weeks have been like that in my house with a potty training 2 year old or anything... 

I love those Clorox commercials.  The one where the kids goes in the tub is the best.

Congrats Scuddz!

Your posts will become less coherent over the next couple months as the massive sleep deficit takes it's toll. It's ok. Many of us have been there. It's kinda like free beer in a way.

I love sleep.  I function very poorly with the lack of it.  I'm hoping that I will be hopped up on some sort of magical parental adrenaline when Sept. comes around.

sounds like fun. the things I have to look forward to (not quite there yet, she will be 18 months later this month). Though, she did kindly come up to me this morning, tug on my pants (i was sitting at the dining room table) and then proceeded to pat her butt to inform me she had pooped. she seemed proud that i figured out what she was trying to say.

I love those Clorox commercials.  The one where the kids goes in the tub is the best.

I love sleep.  I function very poorly with the lack of it.  I'm hoping that I will be hopped up on some sort of magical parental adrenaline when Sept. comes around.

in my experience, it was rough the first week days/week. then you get use to it. with that said, I was doing the majority of the nighttime stuff since I breastfed for a little while. once we went to bottles the hubby helped on the weekends as i didn't make him get up in the middle of the night once he went back to work. once they start sleeping longer stretches at night (K went 6hrs straight around 3months) it is quite exciting. but nothing beats a full night (10-12hrs) of a sleeping child.

we have seem to hit the bump in the road where her imagination is developing now, so she tends to have a lot of dreams that wake her. just a random scream in the middle of the night, have to go in, wake her (seriously, i walk in to find her sitting in the crib crying, but not really awake) and then she snaps out of it and goes back to sleep without issue. but its happened every night for a few weeks now. it sucks, but oh well.

sounds like fun. the things I have to look forward to (not quite there yet, she will be 18 months later this month). Though, she did kindly come up to me this morning, tug on my pants (i was sitting at the dining room table) and then proceeded to pat her butt to inform me she had pooped. she seemed proud that i figured out what she was trying to say.

Then there's talking...and finding words to describe the various boy and girl parts, especially when being confused about why one's parts don't match the other's.  My son still thinks mommy has 2 butts.

Then there's talking...and finding words to describe the various boy and girl parts, especially when being confused about why one's parts don't match the other's.  My son still thinks mommy has 2 butts.

My daughter(age 7) loves to watch baby videos on youtube.  Well sure enough she saw a link of a home birthing and clicked it.  Next thing i know I have all sorts of questions being thrown at me.  She told me she was never going to have kids after that video.  How youtube says a birthing video is related to a baby's 1st birthday one is beyond me.

I love sleep. I function very poorly with the lack of it. I'm hoping that I will be hopped up on some sort of magical parental adrenaline when Sept. comes around.

You get used to it. Age plays a factor. I was 34 when my second set of twins were born so I dealt with it. I couldn't imagine doing it in my mid 40's. I need my 7hrs now or I don't feel right.

One of the problems is the retraining you go through. Sound and unbroken sleep becomes a rare commodity. I found myself waking in the middle of the night for months after my young ones started making it through the night. Having twins is more difficult than a singleton though. My daughter was sleeping soundly within 4 months...but then there was the boy...heh...little bastage.

Archived