Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4-25-14 Severe event

downeastnc

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went THRU my bros in laws house and neighborhood in washington park area. He is ok.....house is wrecked. Injuries reported.

Man I hate to hear that.  Glad to hear they are alive.  Pretty worried about there and Elizabeth City.

Add: Hopefully the line overtakes it before Pantego.  That place does NOT need another twister.

Went THRU my bros in laws house and neighborhood in washington park area. He is ok.....house is wrecked. Injuries reported.

Ugh.  That is terrible.  Will have them in our thoughts - let us know if they need anything.

Any word on the Whichards Beach/Twin Lakes area?  Know someone who was lives there in a (permanent) camper...hoping she wasn't at home :(

kvegas-wx, on 25 Apr 2014 - 8:12 PM, said:

Glad you gave them a heads up and glad to hear they're okay.

Hvward, on 25 Apr 2014 - 8:21 PM, said:

Scanner in Elizabeth city is going wild.  Sounds like chaos has ensued.  Heard mention of trailer in trailer park flipped upside down.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1901

Heard someone say several houses were completely destroyed around the Camden area. Hard to hear with everyone talking over each other.

Mother in law lives one block in from the waterfront in washington. Talked to her literally minutes before they stood on their back porch and watched the tornado come across the river from chocowinity. Those are some very old historic homes they live in near downtown. That could have been ugly real quick as those homes have plate glass windows, very poor ventilation through the roof and eaves and many are under repair. Would have been like popping a cork on those houses.

A few pics the first was taken from the PGV airport looking N this would be the first tornadic cell that came through Pitt Co not sure but the second one is most likely the dame tornado......

The NWS guys are gonna have their hands full with the surveys as well

post-141-0-33373500-1398474342_thumb.jpg

post-141-0-35113200-1398474357_thumb.jpg

there are several really good pics mixed in with lots of scud etc here

http://www.wnct.com/slideshow?widgetid=111789&slideshowimageid=52

This email just came through so I think my video may make the news tomorrow morning

Hello, 

I am contacting you on behalf ABC News. We are interested in the video you posted on YouTube called " Tornado in bell arthur" seen at this YouTube link:

We'd like to share the video with our viewers tomorrow morning. Although we are highly interested in this video, I cannot guarantee that it will make air tomorrow morning. 

We would like to request permission (for free) to show this video on Good Morning America and across our ABC News shows and platforms seen worldwide in all media, in perpetuity. Please let us know if you shot the video and/or are authorized to distribute the footage and if we may have permission to air this in our programming. Also, please let us know what screen credit requirements, if any, should accompany the footage. 

This email just came through so I think my video may make the news tomorrow morning

Hello, 

I am contacting you on behalf ABC News. We are interested in the video you posted on YouTube called " Tornado in bell arthur" seen at this YouTube link:

We'd like to share the video with our viewers tomorrow morning. Although we are highly interested in this video, I cannot guarantee that it will make air tomorrow morning. 

We would like to request permission (for free) to show this video on Good Morning America and across our ABC News shows and platforms seen worldwide in all media, in perpetuity. Please let us know if you shot the video and/or are authorized to distribute the footage and if we may have permission to air this in our programming. Also, please let us know what screen credit requirements, if any, should accompany the footage. 

Nice!!

Nice!!

It wasn't that consolidated and it was more of a big bowl like wall cloud with several vorts that would touchdown. I know it touched down because when I followed it we could smell the broken trees. Theres plenty of better videos out there i'm sure.

Hope everyone east near chi cod and washington are safe.

What a night it was in Washington. I was on the western side of Washington and got some good rain, winds and up to quarter sized hail. My friend in Washington Park said she saw baseball sized hail. There are reports of trailers blown in to the roads and big trees down.

People on Facebook are talking about people stuck in trailers, injuries and major damage near Beaufort County Community College

The development of the Elizabeth City storm was very

fascinating to see.  A couple of supercells had passed

near Edenton, with close to Tornado Warning criteria

in velocity.  Numerous trees are reported as being

downed across that area, but I believe it was straight-line

wind damage as the couplet was not condensed enough.

However, the two supercells merged, and the line came

by and collected them at the same time.  With that, a

huge Comma-head shape formed and the bookend

vortex showed itself very quickly.  The couplet was

strong at a couple different times, so as Tony had

mentioned, could be more than one tornado.  It

seemed as though it could have been warned a bit

earlier, but they did get it before it moved into the

more populated areas.  These ones are tougher to

judge because of their rapid formation.

I think whoever has that feed just has all the channels going at the same time. Hard to understand sometimes.

It's split into two feeds (probably from different departments/services), one in the left channel and one in the right. If you use headphones you can choose one or the other to listen to, or you can just set the balance to 100% left or right on your speakers.

radar indicated tornado warning, now, in the last 2 minutes.

Nice hook echo headed towards Centerville, NC.  Doesn't appear to be reaching the ground on echo top scan.

That Louisburg cell is about the best looking non tornado warned storm I have seen in a while....just based on radar you would think it had something going on.

I was directly under the path of that storm today. All of a sudden during the storm the wind picked up strong blowing toward the north and snapped a few tree limbs in the backyard. Power went out. Within a few seconds, the wind flipped to blowing just as strong toward the south and snapped more tree limbs. The neighborhood has some pretty bad wind damage. Many, many trees down. Several barns destroyed. Pics attached. It all happened around the same time the tornado warning was issued -- I never even got the warning on my phone until after the winds calmed down. The path of this damage lines up pretty well with the storm reports of funnel clouds/tornadoes in Aventon a few minutes later. In fact, I was a little shocked to check the NWS storm reports when my power came back around 8:30PM and saw no reports for the area where these pictures were taken.

post-2943-0-54398900-1398481951_thumb.jp

post-2943-0-37124600-1398481981_thumb.jp

post-2943-0-82488300-1398481994_thumb.jp

post-2943-0-14941400-1398482010_thumb.jp

post-2943-0-92387800-1398482029_thumb.jp

Archived