• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 26th-30th, 2014 Major Tornado Outbreak

WTVD saying tomorrow could be more widespread for NC.

There's certainly some potential in the Carolinas tomorrow, but I'm not sure they get as many tornado warnings as today! I'll be there, called tonight off about a half hour ago. Have to get east in Alabama so the ride tomorrow won't be too long.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on with no warning on the likely tornado churning along the beach near Pensacola?

That was weird. Couplet looked pretty solid for a couple of frames.  Not off the charts stuff we've seen the last couple days but seemed like a reasonable liklihood of producing a tornado...

It was hard to tell if there was actually a tornado to the north of us or not due to the trees, but we had some amazing inflow gusts that made a mess in the neighborhood. After it passed I drove down to the bay to try to get a better view but just saw some rotation and cloud lowerings to the west and south of where the tornado should have been.

We are in a world of hurt in Pensacola.  The town is flooded and storms just keep training in from the gulf.  There are people trapped at interstate exits with water coming inside their vehicles...and people with water rising up to their dinner tables inside their homes..over 10 inches of rain in some places.  For those interested in looking...you can go to wear3 facebook page and see and read what is happening.

We are in a world of hurt in Pensacola. The town is flooded and storms just keep training in from the gulf. There are people trapped at interstate exits with water coming inside their vehicles...and people with water rising up to their dinner tables inside their homes..over 10 inches of rain in some places. For those interested in looking...you can go to wear3 facebook page and see and read what is happening.

I feel your pain cause I live in a low lying area between 2 creeks. I didn't think we had it that bad last night, but my neighbors said we had high water on a lot of the golf course, which usually only happens if my house takes on water first. Best wishes goes out to the people of Pensacola

We are in a world of hurt in Pensacola.  The town is flooded and storms just keep training in from the gulf.  There are people trapped at interstate exits with water coming inside their vehicles...and people with water rising up to their dinner tables inside their homes..over 10 inches of rain in some places.  For those interested in looking...you can go to wear3 facebook page and see and read what is happening.

I have never seen the flooding this bad.  The pond in my parents' back yard...well..is in the yard significantly to a level never seen before.

...and this:

1507143_524228057686688_6291048566628502

Is the I-10 bridge over Escambia Bay.  That's rainwater, not baywater.

My goodness...DP storm total estimations by the Nexrad at Eglin have up to 25 inches of rain in parts of the Florida panhandle, with more heavy rain continuing to come in off the Gulf over the same area...

The EVX radar estimates 9-26" of rain on this map. Check Cocorahs.org, which shows spotter reports of 10 to 18.93 inches in southern Baldwin County, Alabama.

post-1182-0-03896100-1398876269_thumb.jp

It's an extremely awkward feeling capturing such a great case with so much destruction ongoing.  A discussion for another day of course, but suffice to say it's an amazing radar dataset they have, a loop for the ages.

Yes, yes it is.  ARMOR was running on a three-tilt RAIN-1 scheme, so we should have lowest tilt data every minute and a half or so.  I haven't pulled it, but I know everything was running smoothly (obviously).

Archived