SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Cancel

Ji

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be internal medicine boards where doctors could discuss their cases and amateurs could weigh in with diagnoses. They have medical and lawyer shows on TV, ditto cops.

Boards would work.

Now, I could start a petroleum engineering forum, if I new how the interwebs work, there is a site called 'The Oil Drum', which had some interesting reading during the BP spill, but there is nothing in the Gulf of Mexico oil field that could cancel days of school.

Not really. Remember, this is La Niña, on steroids.

Lol...a -ENSO != "winter cancel".

Especially considering the SST anomalies have decreased in maginitude over the last 30 days and the models are up in the air about further weakening or strengthening during DJF. Also, the eventual set up of hemispheric blocking patterns will have a major impact on synoptic set-ups and sensible wx as usual.

Re: Ji et al,

What is it about weather that attracts so many off-the-wall loony geeks? Do geology boards suffer the same indignations? :lol:

If you count vulcanology, yes! :arrowhead:

http://bigthink.com/blogs/eruptions/

Erik Klemetti's blog is wonderful, and he attracts all kinds of theorists during large "media event" eruptions - they really munched his bandwidth during the Eyjafjallajokul eruptions last year. Still, he's pretty good natured about it, all things considered...

If you count vulcanology, yes! :arrowhead:

http://bigthink.com/blogs/eruptions/

Erik Klemetti's blog is wonderful, and he attracts all kinds of theorists during large "media event" eruptions - they really munched his bandwidth during the Eyjafjallajokul eruptions last year. Still, he's pretty good natured about it, all things considered...

Haha yeah, I bet volcanology does attract it's own group of whackos. :wacko:

That's a cool blog btw. Very well done.

• 4 years later...

Archived