• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor forecast thread

famartin

^This. Ever since they went to the new format back in the spring, their wx segments have become unwatchable. Two minutes of reviewing temps across the region ... zzzzz! Hopefully it's because not much has happened since the blizzard last year, and if we do get a legit storm threat, they'll get back into the swing of things.

Not sure if this is Glenn's idea or some new producer at the station. 

18 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Note to Hurricane S if you're lurking:

less temperature analysis and more of your 10 day analysis/forecast

(you rarely show it anymore)!

Yep, it's a mess these days. It's difficult to watch. Spends 90% of time discussing the temps in every location then wings through the 10 day forecast like the studio is on fire. The whole layout/presentation is pretty bad. Not sure if it was his idea or the network? 

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If 2 people have the same thought(s) at the same time NBC10 is doing something wrong.

Lol...

exactly, which is why I made my original post because if they're boring us weather Geeks imagine how the general public must be tuning out!!! 

Come on Glenn...demand better for us/you!!

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Yep, it's a mess these days. It's difficult to watch. Spends 90% of time discussing the temps in every location then wings through the 10 day forecast like the studio is on fire. The whole layout/presentation is pretty bad. Not sure if it was his idea or the network? 

Yeah but it is local neighborhood weather. ;) That is basically how they have been 'selling' it to the viewers.

5 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Maybe they are going with the "wow factor" given all the graphics (?).

Too much clutter...data overload.

After all these years ch6 (accu weather) hasn't changed all that much and is quite clear. They give the temps, focus on the map and what's going to happen then focus on the forecast. Simple is sometimes better...

21 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Too much clutter...data overload.

After all these years ch6 (accu weather) hasn't changed all that much and is quite clear. They give the temps, focus on the map and what's going to happen then focus on the forecast. Simple is sometimes better...

Can't argue with ya there. :)

41 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

DT's first call gives us a total screw job. Don't think this storm is going to do exactly that. Putting my money on Mt. Holly and Glenn on this one. 

If you are referring to his map posted above, that is for the Friday night and Saturday event not the one later Thursday night and early Friday morning. Not sure if there was confusion on that or not.

8 minutes ago, MGorse said:

If you are referring to his map posted above, that is for the Friday night and Saturday event not the one later Thursday night and early Friday morning. Not sure if there was confusion on that or not.

Yeah GMorse I guess I keep forgetting about the two wave aspect of this storm. I guess DT hasn't really made a forecast for our part of the show. I guess im not being fair. 

DTs final call map was completely and utterly wrong in this area. Pretty sure any of us could of done better. He's horrible forecasting for this area. He should stick to South Virginia and forecasting their annual 2 inch storms with the rare 6 inches every 10 years because every time he forecasts here he busts horribly. 

I know JB will never get much credit from most here  (he is after all....likely next to DT the most controversial & unpopular professional MET we have) ...but he never wavered (see my Ghost of '67 post) and kept pounding the 3" to 6" in this area that many did not see just a few days ago. That said....we all know his biases (too snowy too cold and of course - way too fast!) and he is just another professional voice in the crowd. But in a tip of the cap to the old days (for those that remember - kudos to JB - that still makes me laugh how often that was posted!

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

Tires dry rotted due to lack of use 

It was on the road live today tracking road conditions w/ the on-board camera facing the road. Thing is, it could have been a 74' Pinto w/a camera and no one would've notice the difference. What a waste...a hurricane is the only place where I see that thing being useful.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It was on the road live today tracking road conditions w/ the on-board camera facing the road. Thing is, it could have been a 74' Pinto w/a camera and no one would've notice the difference. What a waste...a hurricane is the only place where I see that thing being useful.

Mars Rover??