• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor forecast thread

famartin

Brave and aggressive call. I wont lol at someone that knows more about weather than me, but yeah going out on a limb. 

I think it's laughable regardless of their meteorological intelligence.  Normal intelligence should allow you to refrain to making this public and offering your services to people for money.  There was not one run of any model that supported that forecast at all.  Nothing had 6-10" west of Lacaster PA.  

I think it's laughable regardless of their meteorological intelligence.  Normal intelligence should allow you to refrain to making this public and offering your services to people for money.  There was not one run of any model that supported that forecast at all.  Nothing had 6-10" west of Lacaster PA.  

So will be interesting to see if it pans out.

So will be interesting to see if it pans out.

I am speaking about the western portion of this forecast.  His forecast could potentially pan out on the NJ coastline and up through nyc but from like Trenton to the west it would take a drastic change it what all guidance has ever shown to get near those totals. I hope he verifies personally but I think it's nuts. 

You must've missed my post about the EC QPF in ABE and RDG... 9" is not supported by the EC.

18:1 ratio's put it right at 9".  Far west shouldn't get too windy so the ratio's should be at least 12:1.  It's not likely, but also not out of the realm.  His entire map is overblown, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility at this point.  Higher numbers sell.  And lets be honest, 9-14" forecast?  If they get 7", he will still claim victory.

18:1 ratio's put it right at 9".  Far west shouldn't get too windy so the ratio's should be at least 12:1.  It's not likely, but also not out of the realm.  His entire map is overblown, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility at this point. 

Technically nothing is out of the realm.  That doesn't mean its a good forecast.

18:1 ratios is a total reach.  Not getting that.

18:1 ratio's put it right at 9".  Far west shouldn't get too windy so the ratio's should be at least 12:1.  It's not likely, but also not out of the realm.  His entire map is overblown, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility at this point.  Higher numbers sell.  And lets be honest, 9-14" forecast?  If they get 7", he will still claim victory.

His gradient is far too loose. I suppose we shouldn't get to upset with him afterall he stuck by his final call which was made nearly 24 hours ago. 2 inches off is not a terrible error margin for that far out. 

DT on FB lmao: BREAKING NEWS... Wxrisk and the European weather Model are getting a Divorce...

Anyone can be a meterologist these days.

No real science in the profession.

Really don't think we need people these days in the business. A few people to run a computer program and send out the forecast. Computer voices  or a cartoon animated person on your tv screen

I bet if you ran the average all the top rated weather models, your forecast would have been decent for this storm 12-24 hours out.

Only reason this storm busted, was human emotion got involved. DT is the classic example.

Really don't think we need people these days in the business. A few people to run a computer program and send out the forecast. Computer voices  or a cartoon animated person on your tv screen

I bet if you ran the average all the top rated weather models, your forecast would have been decent for this storm 12-24 hours out.

Only reason this storm busted, was human emotion got involved. DT is the classic example.

Good post on a weather board where we are lucky to still have a few pros contribute...

For one thing all tv weather people should be meteorologists. I certainly want to hear a met like Hurricane doing the weather not a David Murphy saying flurries from a weak clipper on Monday.

For one thing all tv weather people should be meteorologists. I certainly want to hear a met like Hurricane doing the weather not a David Murphy saying flurries from a weak clipper on Monday.

I disagree. I enjoy some nice eye candy on tv. Ratings baby.

Just need a script and a degree from that school down in Mississippi.

Sorta like the CPA exam. You need to pass this exam with your degree to work or be on tv a meterolgist. Take the exam every 5 years.

You may be onto something.

Really don't think we need people these days in the business. A few people to run a computer program and send out the forecast. Computer voices or a cartoon animated person on your tv screen

I bet if you ran the average all the top rated weather models, your forecast would have been decent for this storm 12-24 hours out.

This is a really good post. I see potential in the cartoon - computerized voice character, seriously. There's gold in them thar hills.