Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hibernating until then..

call me when the first flakes fall!!

Yeah right, lol.

OT, but I was going to say, let it be like it was when we were kids, just wake up to it snowing! Except I used to get weather maps in the mail and call WE-7-1212 all the time, later it was Elliott Abrams on KYW, even a met on WCBS in New York, can't remember his name but I remember the Carvel ice cream commercials. So I guess it's a life long addiction.

Yeah right, lol.

OT, but I was going to say, let it be like it was when we were kids, just wake up to it snowing! Except I used to get weather maps in the mail and call WE-7-1212 all the time, later it was Elliott Abrams on KYW, even a met on WCBS in New York, can't remember his name but I remember the Carvel ice cream commercials. So I guess it's a life long addiction.

As a kid, I relied on the NOAA weather radio, the local TV stations, and looking out the window, but until The Weather Channel came along, that's all we had.

As a kid, I relied on the NOAA weather radio, the local TV stations, and looking out the window, but until The Weather Channel came along, that's all we had.

(not a met I know but... ;)  )

My first weather radio will be 40 years old this year and it still works, although the volume knob needs some serious help!

post-1915-0-00871700-1422368209_thumb.jp

Lets see here for Feb in and around Feb 1st  and perhaps Feb 1st to Feb 7th time period.

1.  AO -1.5 check

2. NAO -0.5 to neutral check good enough 

3. PNA neutral heading positive guess check

4.  MJO solidly in phase 7 Check

Would say we have a storm signal and actually a signal even better than what we currently had from our missed Miller B hey maybe that is the storm to get temporary blocking to give us the big one this year!!??

Yeah right, lol.

Gordon Barnes?

Archived