Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

LOL...

Look, we're all obviously in the minority here when it comes to our love for (winter) weather and anymore there is just too much complaining about seemingly anything and everything in this world.

It's nice to have this board to come to where we we share our interests and avoid complaints.... Was out and about today and everywhere I turned complaints about the weather....OY!!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depressing... :(

You'll be wearing shorts and tee shirts before you know it, April 1st is only a month away now :-). March will come in cold and snowy, but soon even below normal will start to feel somewhat spring like by comparison. Personally I'm in transition mode, still all in for snow, but looking forward to spring at the same time.

You'll be wearing shorts and tee shirts before you know it, April 1st is only a month away now :-). March will come in cold and snowy, but soon even below normal will start to feel somewhat spring like by comparison. Personally I'm in transition mode, still all in for snow, but looking forward to spring at the same time.

This winter has been so close to last winter (minus the high snow totals) that I wonder about late March/early April. Last year, we had the latest leaf out I'd ever seen in my area. It was May 1st and, other than the grass being green, it still pretty much looked like January without snow. Here is a pic from the Mahoning Country Club taken on May 1 after heavy rains flooded the course. Notice the trees...

post-317-0-85964500-1425208586_thumb.jpg

This winter has been so close to last winter (minus the high snow totals) that I wonder about late March/early April. Last year, we had the latest leaf out I'd ever seen in my area. It was May 1st and, other than the grass being green, it still pretty much looked like January without snow. Here is a pic from the Mahoning Country Club taken on May 1 after heavy rains flooded the course. Notice the trees...

attachicon.gif20140501_5201.small.jpg

Wish it will look that way July 1st. Then some "warm" days in July. I'll break down for August w/some 90's days then BAM come September and bring on the beginning of Fall.

attachicon.gif20140501_5201.small.jpg

I don't know if I can remember a winter that has had so many storm threats (what like every 3 days) and not have any of them really produce.  I have had so many 1"-3" storms this year its getting old.  I don't mind the cold, but if it's going to be cold this long there should be a few bigger storms to go along with it.  I do have a decent snowpack, but that's only because it's been so cold none of the nuisance snows ever melted.  I'm not ready for spring yet.  I'm still waiting for a double digit snowfall.  and I can guess when it will occur, just ahead of the pattern break and 50's and 60's.

I don't know if I can remember a winter that has had so many storm threats (what like every 3 days) and not have any of them really produce. 

Agree

I have had so many 1"-3" storms this year its getting old.

Again, I agree

I don't mind the cold, but if it's going to be cold this long there should be a few bigger storms to go along with it. 

I don't like the EXTREME cold, but I agree, we could have had more reward for the cold we got.

I do have a decent snowpack, but that's only because it's been so cold none of the nuisance snows ever melted.

Same here. I have an 8.5 to 9 inch snowpack, but like you said, only because of the duration of the cold. Even the relatively strong late February sun did little to reduce it.

I'm not ready for spring yet. 

I am... :lol:

I'm still waiting for a double digit snowfall  and I can guess when it will occur, just ahead of the pattern break and 50's and 60's.

That thought has run through my mind quite regularly here of late.

I don't know if I can remember a winter that has had so many storm threats (what like every 3 days) and not have any of them really produce. I have had so many 1"-3" storms this year its getting old. I don't mind the cold, but if it's going to be cold this long there should be a few bigger storms to go along with it. I do have a decent snowpack, but that's only because it's been so cold none of the nuisance snows ever melted. I'm not ready for spring yet. I'm still waiting for a double digit snowfall. and I can guess when it will occur, just ahead of the pattern break and 50's and 60's.

I don't remember every threat also having an ice freezing rain component...I mean almost every event no matter how major or minor we have seen freezing rain just interesting...+NAO at work allowing warmth aloft more based on a fast progressive flow instead of blocking...not allowing the cold air to get out of the way I guess the extreme difference vs traditional Atlantic blocking on the extreme other opposite side of the scale of that makes sense.

Mar. 20 - Apr. 10th showing up on LR models as being below to at times well below normal temps.   One would think a couple

more non-liquid events would be involved.

Agreed.  I've heard the same from a few people whose long-range skills I very much respect (such as HM).

Quiet weather times this week. Next week may get interesting if you like winter. Gotta get it in here soon before too many buds and flowers start poking their heads out.

Agreed...

Head up to NH and VT in two weeks for about a week....

Could be pretty interesting up there by then!!!!

One last blast that I don't have to worry about shoveling would be tremendous!!

Archived