joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check ggem and others. Gfs not my model of choice here.

Edit: Looking at wrong system u guys r right no north trend yet on this. I was looking ahead lol. Oops.

There's overrunning potential early next week, so it will be something to watch.  Models will show all kinds of solutions between now and Monday...at this juncture, it's best to just understand there is potential.

Bluewave over in the NY forum posted about the PDO being at record levels in January. Didn't realize that - it was so positive that dumped cold air into the NE allowing them to get great storms. But we were too far south to benefit without any Atlantic blocking. Great post!

http://jisao.washington.edu/pdo/PDO.latest 

00z turns it into an apps runner. so it's bouncing around but more importantly, no high pressure to be found so even if we get a good track, cold air will be an issue after being frigid for the next 6 days.

Yes, looks like the PV retreats to Central Canada later next week after our arctic blast this weekend. Nothing to block next week's storm from cutting. Gives a good thump of overrunning on most guidance anyway. PV does return to a more favorable position after the storm, of course....then it's dry and cold with the northern stream clipper track continuing, if the GFS is right.

12z euro congrats Boston you get your weekend blizzard back

Down here I95 goes from frigid to rain to frigid in record time next Tuesday

This really is the worst possible pattern in winter.  Brutal cold, but no blocking. There's nothing to keep the cold locked in for a significant event. There's just absolutely no chance of a significant event in this pattern. I'd take Ray's +18 degree temp departure this month with lake cutter after lake cutter over this crap.

This really is the worst possible pattern in winter.  Brutal cold, but no blocking. There's nothing to keep the cold locked in for a significant event. There's just absolutely no chance of a significant event in this pattern. I'd take Ray's +18 degree temp departure this month with lake cutter after lake cutter over this crap.

Where have I heard that before.

The completely worthless utterly useless not worth the electric used in the leds to light the screen Eurowx maps paint 4-5" In SEPA including Philly this weekend as blowoff and backwash from the next Boston blizzard bomb . Inverted trough centers on NYC with 7.5"

0z GFS says flurries ECM out to lunch this weekend

Next

Archived