Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Post your favorite tornado videos here

Hoosier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Nice.

Thought this one from last year's Moore EF5 was pretty good.  This guy is just west of the developing tornado before it reached the Moore area.  At first it's a pretty run-of-the-mill elephant trunk tornado, but it astonishingly quickly transforms into a powerhouse wedge within a matter of minutes.  Excellent perspective here of a developing monster.

edit outside GLOHV

26 April 1991, McConnell AFB

Footage / dialogue combo @ 2:20 "My car!!"

There's one I thought I had where a group of chasers ends up right in the middle of an F-nothing and the team's dialogue goes "We're OK. We're not OK. Aaaghhh! My eyes!" But I can't find it, alas.

August 20, 2009 Craigleith, Ontario. I think this is the best tornado footage from Ontario as it transforms into a wedge. We'll never know how strong it became because it moved over Georgian Bay offshore Grey County, but over land it was rated an F2, and I believe this was the same supercell that produced the fatal F2 in the town of Durham.

August 20, 2009 Craigleith, Ontario. I think this is the best tornado footage from Ontario as it transforms into a wedge. We'll never know how strong it became because it moved over Georgian Bay offshore Grey County, but over land it was rated an F2, and I believe this was the same supercell that produced the fatal F2 in the town of Durham.

Damn that thing has violent motion, and the wall cloud also has incredible structure/rotation.

Actually, I am 90% sure that this is a video of the F2 that struck Ear Falls and killed 3 people in a cabin later that July. It wasn't a part of the August outbreak.

Here is video of the tornado you are thinking of.

Best video of the 2002 Van Wert, OH F4 imo. Judging by the damage pictures that iv'e seen, this was probably the most violent tornado to strike Ohio during my lifetime, more so than Millbury 2010.

2012 Crittenden, KY EF4 (video says EF3 but it was later upgraded).

2011 Monroeville, OH EF1. Picked up a lot of loose soil from farm fields, making it look a lot more serious than it actually was. 

1985 Niles, OH/Wheatland, PA F5. Up there with Andover, Tuscaloosa, and Henryville in terms of violent motion (especially noticeable towards the end after it passes the house).

Actually, I am 90% sure that this is a video of the F2 that struck Ear Falls and killed 3 people in a cabin later that July. It wasn't a part of the August outbreak.

Here is video of the tornado you are thinking of.

You're thinking of a different ontario lake tornado video. The one I posted is Craigleith - open the video in youtube for the description. You posted a video of the same Craigleith tornado before it went over water, and also the Ear Falls tornado was on a small lake.

You're thinking of a different ontario lake tornado video. The one I posted is Craigleith - open the video in youtube for the description. You posted a video of the same Craigleith tornado before it went over water, and also the Ear Falls tornado was on a small lake.

Yup you are right. Not sure why I got the two mixed up.

Archived