• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hey Ian --- Great Pics

North Balti Zen

Thanks. It was surprisingly crowded. I guess the good weather and a Friday. Could barely find a spot, then bailed quick because clouds took over.  May go back tomorrow.. we'll see. Here's one from the camera--can tell there are clouds with some discoloration in the sky. May be better as HDR, but gotta go to work. ;)

post-1615-0-61225000-1397220988_thumb.jp

Great Photo!

I am always jealous of the DC-ers during the Cherry Blossoms, 4th of July Fireworks, snowstorms (when it is not 33 & rain). So many great spots for photos.

It's nice but also frustrating at times esp with the cherry blossoms. If you know the spots for other things you can get good shots without a lot of trouble.. at the cherry blossoms it's a struggle not to get nice shots filled with 100 tripods or random people milling around. The latter is probably better for a photograph.. the former was huge today. There had to have been 500+ people with tripods on the west side of the Tidal Basin. Was surprising actually.. though I've not been down there for sunrise before, and the weather is ideal for morning activity compared to some years. 

It's nice but also frustrating at times esp with the cherry blossoms. If you know the spots for other things you can get good shots without a lot of trouble.. at the cherry blossoms it's a struggle not to get nice shots filled with 100 tripods or random people milling around. The latter is probably better for a photograph.. the former was huge today. There had to have been 500+ people with tripods on the west side of the Tidal Basin. Was surprising actually.. though I've not been down there for sunrise before, and the weather is ideal for morning activity compared to some years. 

Yeah...I was thinking about going but rather not deal with traffic, parking, & crowds.

Archived