• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2014 Banter

Carvers Gap

I posted a hail pic. One of them made the MRX summary of the storm...but somehow it was credited to WATE TV. Anyway, it was during the tornado/hail storm in late July for NE TN. Ten minutes of baseball/golfball hail leaves very little untouched. Thankful the wind wasn't strong. If so, would have mashed everything. Might try to get a pic of my metal gutter guard that looks like it was shot with a cannon. Both cars are fixed. Roof, chimneys, gutters...still to be replaced. A metal roof down the street had three holes knocked in it by hail.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with all these 12:00 games for UT? Florida and Georgia both, never thought I'd see that........

Direct result of the SEC Network, I believe. They need to fill that time slot that used to be held by the old Jefferson Pilot games. Unfortunately UT isn't exactly a marquee matchup these days...unless we're cannon fodder for the upper echelon like OK or Bama. So we end up playing at that noon time slot. It just is what it is. I don't mind it for the Georgia game as I think it helps the visitors (who would be killing time waiting on a later game) more than the home team.

The noon kick off for Florida however just plain sucks! LOL It's a pain getting up early and getting to the stadium that early. Not much time to tailgate unless you're moving at the crack of dawn and many of the students haven't woken up from the previous night's party to be out in force. Oh well, I'll be there...  :D

edit: Jaxjagman beat me to the punch about the SEC Network... ;)

If Tn. can hang tough with Ga and pull it out,Tn has a decent shot at taking that division.Still believe you are a year away though,but it's looking up for you guys.

The future is bright, the offensive line is .............. not so much.  lol.  It will be Georgia's gameplan that beats them if they don't bring constant pressure on Worley.  Worley has progressed into a pretty good quarterback as long as he has time.  Most people that watched the TN/OK game realize we were just two to three plays away from a tight 4th quarter game that could have gone either way.  I don't think we have enough to beat Georgia YET, but they play these games for a reason and it will be interesting to me if TN can hang around.  I do think we load the line and make Mason beat us with his arm and I also think our line and linebackers can contain their run (for the most part).  Time will tell.

The future is bright, the offensive line is .............. not so much.  lol.  It will be Georgia's gameplan that beats them if they don't bring constant pressure on Worley.  Worley has progressed into a pretty good quarterback as long as he has time.  Most people that watched the TN/OK game realize we were just two to three plays away from a tight 4th quarter game that could have gone either way.  I don't think we have enough to beat Georgia YET, but they play these games for a reason and it will be interesting to me if TN can hang around.  I do think we load the line and make Mason beat us with his arm and I also think our line and linebackers can contain their run (for the most part).  Time will tell.

After this game I think we play even or better than everyone else - minus Bama. The field is finally beginning to level. And I am not counting us out of any game. OK should have been closer.

12 o'clock games are the devil. VT has lost the last two games and both those were noon games. Sad part is I've went to both games and had to watch it in person. Maybe Tech and UT will sitting on the couch this year come bowl time! I still think UT doesn't have enough to beat UGA but y'all should of won last year so it should be a close game.

12 o'clock games are the devil. VT has lost the last two games and both those were noon games. Sad part is I've went to both games and had to watch it in person. Maybe Tech and UT will sitting on the couch this year come bowl time! I still think UT doesn't have enough to beat UGA but y'all should of won last year so it should be a close game.

VT has had a rough time of it lately, to be sure. Snow, my boss (a VT grad) was at both games as well. He's not happy at all. And I agree on the noon games! This weekend I think it helps the Vols...better than sitting around in a hotel room waiting for a night game...but next week the noon kickoff at home with Florida is a pain. I'll be there but it's rough getting to Neyland that early and half the student section will be empty at kickoff because they'll still be sleeping off the Friday night Gator-Hater parties! But they'll trickle in before halftime I'm sure...

I still believe UT's best chances of an upset this year (and getting to 6 wins) is either Florida or Missouri. Win one of those and then take care of UTC, KY and Vandy and it's 6 wins and a bowl. Of course, KY is looking improved under Stoops so that could be a tough one in Lexington. Vandy is back to being Vandy. I've said all along I think this is a 6 win regular season for the Vols given their youth, especially at offensive line. The defense is better than expected but still very young. Getting Saulsberry back on the d-line helps for sure. I wish Von Pearson was able to play vs. GA. I hope he's back for the Gators but high ankle sprains are notoriously slow to heal and easy to re-aggravate. It could bother him all season, unfortunately.

This weekend I think they load the box on defense, dropping one safety in for dedicated run support. They will do all they can to slow down Georgia's running game and dare them to throw. I think the Vols keep it close for a quarter or two...but in the end they lose but cover the spread (which I believe is 17 right now). I'm guessing Georgia 34 UT 24. But that's just a WAG!  :snowing:

VT has had a rough time of it lately, to be sure. Snow, my boss (a VT grad) was at both games as well. He's not happy at all. And I agree on the noon games! This weekend I think it helps the Vols...better than sitting around in a hotel room waiting for a night game...but next week the noon kickoff at home with Florida is a pain. I'll be there but it's rough getting to Neyland that early and half the student section will be empty at kickoff because they'll still be sleeping off the Friday night Gator-Hater parties! But they'll trickle in before halftime I'm sure...

I still believe UT's best chances of an upset this year (and getting to 6 wins) is either Florida or Missouri. Win one of those and then take care of UTC, KY and Vandy and it's 6 wins and a bowl. Of course, KY is looking improved under Stoops so that could be a tough one in Lexington. Vandy is back to being Vandy. I've said all along I think this is a 6 win regular season for the Vols given their youth, especially at offensive line. The defense is better than expected but still very young. Getting Saulsberry back on the d-line helps for sure. I wish Von Pearson was able to play vs. GA. I hope he's back for the Gators but high ankle sprains are notoriously slow to heal and easy to re-aggravate. It could bother him all season, unfortunately.

This weekend I think they load the box on defense, dropping one safety in for dedicated run support. They will do all they can to slow down Georgia's running game and dare them to throw. I think the Vols keep it close for a quarter or two...but in the end they lose but cover the spread (which I believe is 17 right now). I'm guessing Georgia 34 UT 24. But that's just a WAG!  :snowing:

I agree about Kentucky looking improved, but the game this year is in Knoxville.  I assume you were talking about going there and playing them next year.

I have switched my views for the GA game in the last couple of days.  I think we pull off the upset, 24-21.  It might be because I watched the 2004 UT GA game between the hedges though. haha

I agree about Kentucky looking improved, but the game this year is in Knoxville.  I assume you were talking about going there and playing them next year.

I have switched my views for the GA game in the last couple of days.  I think we pull off the upset, 24-21.  It might be because I watched the 2004 UT GA game between the hedges though. haha

Got my years mixed up! LOL Forgot we play the Cats at home this year. Ah well, old age creeping up. Would love to see the Vols upset the Dawgs this year. 

Don't know if you heard but the Vols just got a commit from Shy Tuttle who is ranked as a  5 star DT on at least one service and a high 4 star on the others. He's an early enrollee (January) so he and Kahlil Mackenzie should see a lot of playing time next year. Would love to see them develop into a Haynesworth/Henderson type combo at DT! It's been 12 years since UT picked up a 5 star DT and Butch has TWO this year! Killing it!

Got my years mixed up! LOL Forgot we play the Cats at home this year. Ah well, old age creeping up. Would love to see the Vols upset the Dawgs this year. 

Don't know if you heard but the Vols just got a commit from Shy Tuttle who is ranked as a  5 star DT on at least one service and a high 4 star on the others. He's an early enrollee (January) so he and Kahlil Mackenzie should see a lot of playing time next year. Would love to see them develop into a Haynesworth/Henderson type combo at DT! It's been 12 years since UT picked up a 5 star DT and Butch has TWO this year! Killing it!

Yes, Butch is killing it.  Tuttle is a great get.  Definitely...... things are looking up.  I am hearing a LOT of chatter about us not being done and possibly getting another highly rated defensive recruit today!  If we do, what a day!

Yes, Butch is killing it.  Tuttle is a great get.  Definitely...... things are looking up.  I am hearing a LOT of chatter about us not being done and possibly getting another highly rated defensive recruit today!  If we do, what a day!

Yep! DE Darrell Taylor. Reportedly between UT and Va Tech! You can't have him Snow!  :D

Come on guys, nice uni's but it isn't happening this year :

UGA 41 - UT 31

attachicon.gifuga-tenn-2013-008.jpg

LOL Hence my prediction of Gawga 34 Vols 24. But when you come to Neyland next year it might be a different story! What a great game last year though. 

I have a good friend that lives in Marietta and another in Alpharetta. The former graduated from UT and then got his MA at UGA...the other is UGA all the way. So believe me, I hear a lot from the Bulldog fans!  ;)

LOL Hence my prediction of Gawga 34 Vols 24. But when you come to Neyland next year it might be a different story! What a great game last year though. 

I have a good friend that lives in Marietta and another in Alpharetta. The former graduated from UT and then got his MA at UGA...the other is UGA all the way. So believe me, I hear a lot from the Bulldog fans!  ;)

Nice!  In all seriousness I think UGA is a bit overrated this year.  Their defense is suspect and our QB hasn't proven anything yet.  Gurley is a beast though and I'll ride him all the way to a big bowl game. :)  I have never witnessed something like I have at a TN game you guys come out to nearly 100,000 fans it's fooking crazy.

Nice!  In all seriousness I think UGA is a bit overrated this year.  Their defense is suspect and our QB hasn't proven anything yet.  Gurley is a beast though and I'll ride him all the way to a big bowl game. :)  I have never witnessed something like I have at a TN game you guys come out to nearly 100,000 fans it's fooking crazy.

UGA is set at RB. Gurley is a world beater and Michel and Chubb look great so far. I think it's the perceived weakness of the teams that will be interesting to watch: UT's offensive line (and they were abused by OK) and UGA's secondary. I expect a tough game between these two teams, as always!

Thanks for the compliment about Neyland. I love it there. I've never been to a game in Athens but would like to! I've been going to Neyland for 35 years but only had season tickets for 13. Actually they are my wife's tickets and she's had them for over 30 years! And yes, I'd love her anyway! LOL

Here's a pic from our seats I took of Rajon Neal scoring a TD vs. South Carolina last year. Some folks love these down low seats...some don't. Personally, I love being up close and personal. We're 3 rows from the field.

post-366-0-92059100-1411764665_thumb.jpg

Don't know if you heard but the Vols just got a commit from Shy Tuttle who is ranked as a 5 star DT on at least one service and a high 4 star on the others. He's an early enrollee (January) so he and Kahlil Mackenzie should see a lot of playing time next year. Would love to see them develop into a Haynesworth/Henderson type combo at DT! It's been 12 years since UT picked up a 5 star DT and Butch has TWO this year! Killing it!

...and a 4* DE also!!!! Taylor...The skies are clearing in Knoxville. Gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day!!!

Archived