SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Spring

mreaves

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neighbor plows and sands a bunch of condo's and private driveways and is asking my advice on if we are going to have enough ice/snow that he has to treat driveways first thing in the AM.  NAM is showing .20" frozen for CON now.  Just wondering is this going to be a bit of snow on the grass or a flash freeze on the roads early AM?  Town just got finished cleaning up all the sand from roads and walks..  This might be sneaky??  Just don't have a good handle on this.

Wow, 18z NAM has CON below 25 tomorrow morning.  

NWS P+C shows 32 for a low

makes a big difference for impact

Snowing out.

I looked once I saw your post, and indeed snowing with accumulation for the 58th accumulating storm of the season.  The rate of accumulation has definitely picked up now that the temperature has dropped down near freezing, and on the radar you can see some of that snowfall banking up against the spine:

15APR14A.gif

I looked once I saw your post, and indeed snowing with accumulation for the 58th accumulating storm of the season. The rate of accumulation has definitely picked up now that the temperature has dropped down near freezing, and on the radar you can see some of that snowfall banking up against the spine:

15APR14A.gif

Up at the mountain about 20 minutes ago, but now we are getting white on grass, bushes and cars down in town.

We were closing in on 2” of snow accumulation here at the house as of roughly 11:20 P.M., and it’s really coming down out there with the approach of that next band of 30 db echoes:

15APR14B.gif

I’ve got the J&E Productions Live Web Cam running for those monitoring snowfall in this area.  There’s not really enough light at night to monitor the actual flakes, but at least the running depth can be seen.  I’m going to be up working, so I’ll plan to run a full analysis at midnight and see where things are at.  I emptied the rain gauge when PF alerted me earlier that snow had started, and up to that point the event had brought 1.40” of liquid, so we’ll see how much additional liquid equivalent this frozen portion brings.  This is definitely helping out the April snowfall numbers though; it’s been a slow April for snow with just 0.2” so far.

Event totals: 2.8” Snow/1.68” L.E.

Roughly an inch of snow fell between 11:20 P.M. and 12:00 A.M., and since the snowfall rate is greater than 1”/hr, I’ve gone with heavy snowfall for the sky observations.  It actually looks like it may pick up a bit more, as another band is approaching the spine:

16APR14A.gif

Details from the 12:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.8 inches

New Liquid: 0.28 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 29.1 F

Sky: Heavy Snow

Snow at the stake: 3.0 inches

16APR14A.jpg

1.5" of snow here last night.  We finally lost all the snow in the yard yesterday but this morning, all is temporarily white again.

Thawing out the rain bucket now so I'm not sure how much rain we had before the flip but I can say that it wasn't nearly as much as feared....

20F.

Event totals: 4.2” Snow/1.77” L.E.

An additional 1.4” of snow fell since midnight.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.09 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 15.6

Snow Density: 6.4% H2O

Temperature: 21.2 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 4.0 inches

Got 0.79" total precip. the final 0.12" as 0.6" of sleety snow stuff.  Norridgewock, two towns to my east, reported 2.8".  Temp reached 22 this morning with a brisk breeze.  Sandy will crest right about at the 12-ft flood stage, which is around 21,000 cfs, a lervel reached about once per four yr.  Kennebec in AUG was 2.5 ft above flood, will probably crest 3-4 ft below the 20-ft prediction (flood is at 12') as precip was mainly an inch or less and the quick temp drop helps, too.

Not too shabby, allenson. It was 63F yesterday morning @ 7am. Today, it's 23F.

1.19 inches precip

2 inches snow

Just beautiful outside, with snown on the pines and hemlocks, and wood ducks swimming on the open pond.

Definitely a wild ride.  We were 56 yesterday morn at 7am.

Light snow showers in the air all morning.........

woke up to 14F and a couple inches new, the morning dog walk took us to the land of black and white, surprisingly great snow at the hill, maybe 5-6, skied wind deposits so kind of hard to tell for sure, mid winter like, making monday's 70F ski day seem like another season, gotta love the transition months, never a dull moment :)

making marks with snow and ice covered trees at 3400'

DSCN0074.jpg

the sun played peek-a-boo but never won the battle, moderate snow kept winning, under and inch an hour but still a wonderful event

DSCN0075.jpg

maybe the last powder turns of the year, maybe...

DSCN0076.jpg

summit report?

Co-worker is saying 5". Spot on with the NOAA forecast.

I'll admit this over-performed in the lower elevations. You never know this time of year but that low level cold meant business so the top wasn't snowing really all that much longer than the low elevations. I didn't think it would be as uniform between elevations.

Heading up to meet TK at noon. He's been sending me pics all morning haha. Cold as heck though with facemask weather wind chills below zero.

Archived